ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refusal - wrong IELTS test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bartsimpsy
Newly Registered

Spouse visa refusal - wrong IELTS test

Post by bartsimpsy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi guys

I wonder if someone can help.

My wife submitted a spouse application recently (processing centre Chennai). She took the IELTS General Test (instead of the A1).

We received the outcome of the application today with the ECO highlighting the reason for refusal as follows:

"...You have submitted a test certificate issued by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). However this is not a test taken under the IELTS SELT Consortium and does not contain the unique UKVI number. As such I am not able to verify the report online and this is not an approved test listed on Appendix O".

Considering IELTS General is a greater level than IELTS A1, I find it frustrating that they would refuse the application based on something like this.

Is it worth appealing this decision OR do we need to submit a new application?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa refusal - wrong IELTS test

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:52 pm

If the test isn't on the UKVI approved test it won't qualify and there would be no point in appealing the decision.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

(Scroll down the list for Chennai)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.