ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Tier 1 general route to long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijaypatel
Newly Registered

ILR - Tier 1 general route to long residence

Post by vijaypatel » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi,

I arrived in the UK 25/10/2006 on student visa and extended visa until Feb 2009. I got my post study worker visa on Nov 2008 until Nov 2010 and applied for tier 1 general visa on March 2011 and received until March 13. After that I have done my extension and got visa until March 2016. Both time applied for Tier 1 general extension by showing employment + dividend income.

I have applied for ILR on 07/03/2016 in person at Solihull got refused with reason that your tax record - personal tax not up to date as you are required £50,000 and we can see your SA 302 that gross is above £50k but net income ( Gross sal+ Net Div ) were below the £50k in the year 2011-12. I did informed the case worker that amended return in process and will update shortly but he did not ready to listen and finally issued refusal letter.
I have applied again for ILR by postal and decision is still pending.

I am eligible for ILR on 10 years route long residence basis so need your suggestion.

1. Am I eligible to transfer application of ILR from Tier 1 General route to 10 years long residence route.
2. What is the process
3. Do i need to pay fees
4. Do they check my last 5 years records as my returns were amended ?
5. what is the best thing to do?

HarryJones

Re: ILR - Tier 1 general route to long residence

Post by HarryJones » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:03 pm

1. were you given deception in the letter?
2. when did you apply by post?

vijaypatel
Newly Registered

Post by vijaypatel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:32 pm

1. were you given deception in the letter? I have not got deception

2. when did you apply by post? 9th March 2016

vijaypatel
Newly Registered

Post by vijaypatel » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi

I would be really appreciate if I can answer to my questions.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:35 pm

The same cross-checks with HMRC will be made when applying under long residence. Late tax amendments are likely to again result in a refusal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vijaypatel
Newly Registered

Post by vijaypatel » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:55 pm

I am sorry I am new so didn't aware about this I will try and avoid next time, Sorry for any cause of inconvenience.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:59 pm

vijaypatel wrote:I am sorry I am new so didn't aware about this I will try and avoid next time, Sorry for any cause of inconvenience.
What post are you apologising for? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.