ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA nearing expiry, ILR application decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ranjit_77
Newly Registered

VISA nearing expiry, ILR application decision

Post by Ranjit_77 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi,
My VISA is expiring on 6th Nov 2016. I had earlier applied for ILR which was rejected due to lack of supporting documents. I am planning to apply for ILR again. But if I get the second ILR decision after my VISA expiry and if it's refused will it have any negative impact for my future VISA applications ? If ILR result is again refused will I become an over stayer ? Will I be allowed to work till i get the outcome ?

Regards,
Ranjit

cr87
Newly Registered

Re: VISA nearing expiry, ILR application decision

Post by cr87 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi.

What documents did you fail to submit and on what ground did they reject your application ?

Have you applied to see your SAR ?

For example in your SAR you can see
Granted-LTR
Granted-LTR
Not Granted- cannot appeal

There is a fast track one just computer records. apply that asap https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... it-records

This will be always be on your file. It should not affect any new applications provided you submit the relevant documents and the correct forms at the time of application.

As long as you submit your application at the maximum the 5th November 2016 and let them take for example 6 months to consider, you will not be an over stayer and you can work normally

I was in a similar case while applying my first Tier 2. I asked my manager to submit a letter to back me up

cr87

Ranjit_77
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjit_77 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Thank your for the quick reply. Getting some little hope and strength. So in case the ILR decision is again refused will I considered an over stayer ? Let say the decision came by Jan end 2017 and it's refused, so My visa would have expired on Nov 6th 2016. So will it be a negative mark for my any future applications ?

Ranjit_77
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjit_77 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:56 pm

I gave my life in Uk test certificate during my ILR application in Aug. Now I am planning to again apply for ILR , so where to get the duplicate life in UK test ? If i write some cover letter with the previous case id etc will it help ?

cr87
Newly Registered

Post by cr87 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Home office have an electronic copy of your test, test centre, test time, etc from your test life in uk. It is on their system. I saw it from my SAR

You cannot get a duplicated but you will have to call them. I am sure the test centre will tell you the same thing. https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/ ... ppens-test

Give them a call, it will not hurt. Tell them they already have it from your previous application

If you are rejected in January 2017, they will tell you why you have been rejected and what are the options available to you.

If it is administrative review, there may be a cost and you must apply within 7 days

Unfortunately any fail application always remain on your records. The best thing to do it to make sure to apply correctly and if you are in doubt, write a cover letter explaining how you are complying with their requirements, also that they already have your life in uk test in your current application.

you still have time, gather all correct documents and do the necessary cover letters , you will be fine

Cr87