ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sweden Immigration

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thisisme86
Newly Registered

Sweden Immigration

Post by thisisme86 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian national, 30 years old Male. I came to UK in 2009 for post graduate degree. I am working in UK since March2011. From 2011 - 2013 I was on Post Study Work visa. I am on employee sponsored visa since March 2013.

My wife is Danish. We are living together in the UK since Jan 2014. We got married in Aug 2015. We want to relocate from UK to scandinavia because my wife prefers there. Being an automotive engineer, Sweden is the obvious choice for me, best position for my wife & me.

I have had successful interviews with Swedish companies. As far as I understand from the interviews & feedback, I have got the job! Now the big question - WORK PERMIT SWEDEN.
Under my circumstances, what are my rights/options for being able to work & live in Sweden? How do I go about it?

Thank you in advance,

This is me.

noajthan

Re: Sweden Immigration

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:49 pm

thisisme86 wrote:Hi,

I have had successful interviews with Swedish companies. As far as I understand from the interviews & feedback, I have got the job! Now the big question - WORK PERMIT SWEDEN.
Under my circumstances, what are my rights/options for being able to work & live in Sweden? How do I go about it?

Thank you in advance,

This is me.
Sounds like you've aced it.

If going on EU route, get up to speed on free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:55 am

I believe that Scandinavian countries have more advantageous conditions for citizens of other Scandinavian countries and it is possible (though I do not know it as a matter of fact) that your wife's Danish citizenship may give you, as her spouse, advantages of travel in Scandinavia over and above EU law. So, get her to check out if such is the case.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

thisisme86
Newly Registered

Post by thisisme86 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 am

Thanks Noajthan for the link, it is very helpful to have it handy.

I had a look and the free movement document says this: "The group comprising other family members
and partners have no ‘automatic’ right to accompany you to the host EU country or join you there. Their rights are subject to thehost EU country’s discretion"

I think this necessaryily means we have to meet what is mentioned on the swedish immigration website: "The residence card allows your family to live and work in Sweden as long as you have right of residence by working, studying, being self-employed or living on your pension or other sufficient means for supporting your family."

This means my wife has to be working/studying/pensioner/living on her own means for me to get residence card. But she cannot do any of those until she is there in sweden. catch22? :roll:
Or am I understanding it wrong?

Thanks,

This is me.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:01 am

thisisme86 wrote:Thanks Noajthan for the link, it is very helpful to have it handy.

I had a look and the free movement document says this: "The group comprising other family members
and partners have no ‘automatic’ right to accompany you to the host EU country or join you there. Their rights are subject to thehost EU country’s discretion"

I think this necessaryily means we have to meet what is mentioned on the swedish immigration website: "The residence card allows your family to live and work in Sweden as long as you have right of residence by working, studying, being self-employed or living on your pension or other sufficient means for supporting your family."

This means my wife has to be working/studying/pensioner/living on her own means for me to get residence card. But she cannot do any of those until she is there in sweden. catch22? :roll:
Or am I understanding it wrong?

Thanks,

This is me.
You have no rights by yourself.
Your wife is your sponsor, but you are not 'other family member' (eg unmarried partner) as a spouse you are her direct family member dependent.
Yes, she has to be a qualified person (in same host EEA country) after the initial 3 months grace period.

Its as free and easy as that. Compare it to any domestic immigration route; UK Tier 2 or Tier 1 for example.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.