ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa - Wife and Step Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strontiumdog74

Re: Family Visa - Wife and Step Child

Post by strontiumdog74 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:53 am

Casa wrote:Brilliant! :)
Thanks Casa
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

strontiumdog74

Re: Family Visa - Wife and Step Child

Post by strontiumdog74 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Ok, so everything is falling into place for spouse visa at the very least.

Can I just check..

I plan to apply for wife initial settlement visa in Jan from UAE, maybe under priority application... for return to UK on April 7th.

We want to collect my step daughter from the Philippines in June (subject to getting the visa approved obviously and I know this is a possible issue).

So I am thinking I will then get all the documents back from wife application and hopefully approval for her visa by March (especially if priority but I know not guaranteed)

I will then update the payslips and bank statements etc so that they are then current again (ie cover the 6 month period prior to application) and forward all documents to Philippines for the application for step-daughter. Obviously along with all the things like marriage cert, proof of financials, proof of residence etc. Her birth certificate and other supporting evidence relating to the step daughter.

Does this sound right, as in can I do what I am proposing? Apply in a two stage process

So what do I do about letter of sponsorship (me) and/or letter of introduction (applicant - step daughter) that I would have provided for the wife visa... I mean how should I word them or what? Or are they not necessary?

Do I still need to provide the call logs and stuff that I provided for spouse visa?

Advice appreciated as I am wondering if I can even do it like this?

Thanks lots,

Stront
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience