ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Certificate / Passport - place of birth

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambe

Naturalisation Certificate / Passport - place of birth

Post by Jambe » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello Seniors
I just received my approval letter for Naturalisation and they said on Certificate I will get place of birth ( town- district-state-country) format as per current passport.
But when I applied for my UK passport via NCS in passport form in place of birth I only put town ( not district-state-country)
So, now I am wondering that what information they usually put on passport.? i.e town name or town and district or town/district/state/country

Please advice..!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Certificate / Passport - place of birth

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Just looked at my wife's British passport and it just states the town, not country - she was born outside the UK. Assume that is the general approach. Guess this is nothing to be worried about as long as the Certificate states everything correctly.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jambe

Re: Naturalisation Certificate / Passport - place of birth

Post by Jambe » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:26 pm

alterhase58 wrote:Just looked at my wife's British passport and it just states the town, not country - she was born outside the UK. Assume that is the general approach. Guess this is nothing to be worried about as long as the Certificate states everything correctly.
Hi
Thanks for quick reply..I was only worrying because I only put town in place of birth in passport application form and now on certificates it's town-district-state-country..
Thanks