ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKNARIC letter for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrtocitizenship
Newly Registered

UKNARIC letter for Naturalisation

Post by ilrtocitizenship » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi,

My wife proved her English Language ability by providing UKNARIC letter for ILR in 2015. She has got Original Master's Certificate and Original medium of instruction letter from University.
Now she is applying for Citizenship - But this time it's not clear if she could use the same UKNARIC letter. They need 'Visas & Nationality' certificate apparently now this is called "red route" on gov.uk/UKNARIC. I contacted the UKNARIC to clear my doubt. They said HO has given some grace period for old (blue letters) UKNARIC letters for comparability. Then I called HO Citizenship helpline. I asked them the same question. But they are refusing to answer and rather suggesting hire a solicitor or try my luck if they accept her application! How strange is this?

Can any one please suggest if my wife can still use the same UKNARIC letter for her Naturalisation?

Thanks a lot

spzenthil

Re: UKNARIC letter for Naturalisation

Post by spzenthil » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:55 am

What naric letter did you get it before? SOC or ELA letter? I believe it should either of these and you can still use it. Home office is not clear on what they want but I submitted my application with SOC and got the approval without any problems.

Thanks,
-Senthil

ilrtocitizenship
Newly Registered

Post by ilrtocitizenship » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks Senthil,

The UKNARIC letter was for SOC. For ELA she has got Original letter from Uni.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:16 pm

She can tick the option that she met the requirement for ILR after 28th October 2013.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.