ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority service - pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Scotsgirl

Re: Priority service - pakistan

Post by Scotsgirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:10 am

5th weeek. No updates so far! :(

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:26 am

Scotsgirl wrote:5th weeek. No updates so far! :(
Is this your first or second application?

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:28 am

apprentice786 wrote:
FIRST!

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:30 am

Scotsgirl wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:
FIRST!
Aww..why are they delaying it so much! What category did you use?

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:32 am

Is this your first or second application?[/quote]

FIRST![/quote]

Aww..why are they delaying it so much! What category did you use?[/quote]

Idk! It Sucks! Umm, Cat A!

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:36 am

Scotsgirl wrote:Is this your first or second application?
FIRST![/quote]

Aww..why are they delaying it so much! What category did you use?[/quote]

Idk! It Sucks! Umm, Cat A![/quote]

Same Cat as me.its frustrating when you paid for the priority service to get a quicker decision but they dont care. Did you recieve your supporting documents back?

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 am

Idk! It Sucks! Umm, Cat A![/quote]

Same Cat as me.its frustrating when you paid for the priority service to get a quicker decision but they dont care. Did you recieve your supporting documents back?[/quote]

Exactly! What was the point of paying such a hefty amount if we have to wait this long!
Yes, i have received the documents back.
How long have you been waiting forr?

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:50 am

Scotsgirl wrote:Idk! It Sucks! Umm, Cat A!
Same Cat as me.its frustrating when you paid for the priority service to get a quicker decision but they dont care. Did you recieve your supporting documents back?[/quote]

Exactly! What was the point of paying such a hefty amount if we have to wait this long!
Yes, i have received the documents back.
How long have you been waiting forr?[/quote]

They dont even refund it! Did they send you back your photocopies aswell?
3 weeks today :/
I done a status check last friday and got a response back saying your application is currently being assessed and then my husband did a status check following monday and they said its yet to be assessed! Sooo confused

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:54 am

[/quote]

They dont even refund it! Did they send you back your photocopies aswell?
3 weeks today :/
I done a status check last friday and got a response back saying your application is currently being assessed and then my husband did a status check following monday and they said its yet to be assessed! Sooo confused[/quote]

I have actually applied through a lawyer so i dont exactly know if they've sent back all the documents or not!
I knowww! The emails are so confusing! I have emailed them twice, and both the times they stated that it still needs to be assessed. :/

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 am

I have actually applied through a lawyer so i dont exactly know if they've sent back all the documents or not!
I knowww! The emails are so confusing! I have emailed them twice, and both the times they stated that it still needs to be assessed. :/[/quote]

They just send you a generic email without even checking on the system. If i dont hear anything today im going to call them tommorow. They have no idea how stressful this is for us. Have you tried calling you lawyer?

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 am

They just send you a generic email without even checking on the system. If i dont hear anything today im going to call them tommorow. They have no idea how stressful this is for us. Have you tried calling you lawyer?[/quote]

I know a few people who tried calling them, they said its useless they don't tell you anything. Plus, they charge you a fortune. But if you do call them and if its of any use, let me know tjen please!
And yes, i spoke to my lawyer, he said we gotta wait til 6weeks ( 30 working days( before we start chasing them up! :/

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:23 am

Scotsgirl wrote:They just send you a generic email without even checking on the system. If i dont hear anything today im going to call them tommorow. They have no idea how stressful this is for us. Have you tried calling you lawyer?

I know a few people who tried calling them, they said its useless they don't tell you anything. Plus, they charge you a fortune. But if you do call them and if its of any use, let me know tjen please!
And yes, i spoke to my lawyer, he said we gotta wait til 6weeks ( 30 working days( before we start chasing them up! :/[/quote]

True say the whole thing is useless! Yeah i will let you know, 6 weeks!? Surely 4 weeks are enough to wait for priority sevice. If you hear anything keep us updated. Hopefully not a long wait now. Gudluck :)

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:00 pm

[/quote]

True say the whole thing is useless! Yeah i will let you know, 6 weeks!? Surely 4 weeks are enough to wait for priority sevice. If you hear anything keep us updated. Hopefully not a long wait now. Gudluck :)[/quote]

Fingers crossed! Insha'Allah. And good luck to you tooo! "Let me know when you hear back from them. :)

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 pm

apprentice786 wrote:Second application, yours?
First application. Did you use priority the first time if so how long did it take for them to make a decision?[/quote]

Yes I did and it took 5 weeks then, mind you this is when it was first rolled out. Most of the applicants were getting their decisions within 4-5 weeks however, this clearly has all changed now.

33 working days gone now and appears to be no movement on the application whatsoever, all we can do is wait patiently.

Did you call HO about your application? what was their response?

Thank you

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:45 pm

apprentice786 wrote:
Scotsgirl wrote:They just send you a generic email without even checking on the system. If i dont hear anything today im going to call them tommorow. They have no idea how stressful this is for us. Have you tried calling you lawyer?
@apprentice786 @Scotsgirl

What was your VAC? thank you

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:30 am

aprboom wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:Second application, yours?
First application. Did you use priority the first time if so how long did it take for them to make a decision?
Yes I did and it took 5 weeks then, mind you this is when it was first rolled out. Most of the applicants were getting their decisions within 4-5 weeks however, this clearly has all changed now.

33 working days gone now and appears to be no movement on the application whatsoever, all we can do is wait patiently.

Did you call HO about your application? what was their response?

Thank you[/quote]

I think it's useless to call them before 8th week as I called last Friday and they gave only 1 thing to say which is they have 12weeks to process so they are still within their Time period. Escalation can b done after that irrespective of priority application. It's really frustrating specially after paying hefty extra to get a quicker decision

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:01 am

aprboom wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:

Islamabad. And yours?

aprboom

Post by aprboom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 am

Scotsgirl wrote:
aprboom wrote:
apprentice786 wrote:

Islamabad. And yours?
Lahore

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:18 am

What was your VAC? thank you[/quote][/quote]

Islamabad. And yours?[/quote]

Lahore[/quote]

Alrightt! And how long have you been waiting for?
Plus, i heard Islamabad's the only VAC where they offer you with the option for priority service. =o

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:55 am

Lahore[/quote]

On vfs global pakistan this is what it says:
Important Information for Applicants submitting applications at Lahore Visa Application Center: Due to some technical issues, processing of applications submitted at Lahore VAC could take longer than usual. To avoid this delay, applicants including Priority Visa customers can therefore opt to submit their applications at Islamabad or Mirpur Visa Application Centres.

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:13 am

apprentice786 wrote:Lahore
[/quote]On vfs global pakistan this is what it says:
Important Information for Applicants submitting applications at Lahore Visa Application Center: Due to some technical issues, processing of applications submitted at Lahore VAC could take longer than usual. To avoid this delay, applicants including Priority Visa customers can therefore opt to submit their applications at Islamabad or Mirpur Visa Application Centres.[/quote]

I am applying for my wife settlement visa on Priority basis from Lahore next week . I just visited the website and there isn't anything mention as above?

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:19 am

zk00023 wrote:
Important Information for Applicants submitting applications at Lahore Visa Application Center: Due to some technical issues, processing of applications submitted at Lahore VAC could take longer than usual. To avoid this delay, applicants including Priority Visa customers can therefore opt to submit their applications at Islamabad or Mirpur Visa Application Centres.[/quote]

I am applying for my wife settlement visa on Priority basis from Lahore next week . I just visited the website and there isn't anything mention as above?[/quote]

Click on this link https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/im ... ation.html

Scroll down and you will see
Important Information for Applicants submitting applications at Lahore Visa Application Center (in bold)

Scotsgirl

Post by Scotsgirl » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:23 am

Ahh! I'm from Lahore aswell and we were asked to submit our priority application in Islamabad. They were like we dont do priority applications in Lahore. :/

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:27 am

Scotsgirl wrote:
Important Information for Applicants submitting applications at Lahore Visa Application Center: Due to some technical issues, processing of applications submitted at Lahore VAC could take longer than usual. To avoid this delay, applicants including Priority Visa customers can therefore opt to submit their applications at Islamabad or Mirpur Visa Application Centres.

Ahh! I'm from Lahore aswell and we were asked to submit our priority application in Islamabad. They were like we dont do priority applications in Lahore. :/[/quote]

Good job you didnt submit it from lahore then, they wouldve delayed it even more! I did mine in mirpur

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:28 am

apprentice786 wrote:
zk00023 wrote:

I am applying for my wife settlement visa on Priority basis from Lahore next week . I just visited the website and there isn't anything mention as above?[/quote]

Click on this link https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/im ... ation.html

Scroll down and you will see
Important Information for Applicants submitting applications at Lahore Visa Application Center (in bold)[/quote]

Hi I have looked at it but this information updates is superseded. if you look the pattern it is just information update over a period of time.