ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling period- Tier2 ICT to Tier2 Dependent to Tier2General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhiasfriend
Newly Registered

Cooling period- Tier2 ICT to Tier2 Dependent to Tier2General

Post by abhiasfriend » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Team,

My query is related to understanding how cooling period applies in my case, as I have not stayed out of UK after shifting my visa from ICT to Dependent.

In March 2013, I came to UK on long term ICT visa. This visa was last valid under MARCH 2016.
But in September 2015, I switch to Tier 2 Dependent, as my spouse has started working. I have not gone out of UK from the time I am on dependent visa.

In my case, how cooling period will work:

Question 1: Do I need to go out of UK for 12 months to kick off the cooling period?
OR
Question 2: My cooling period has started from Sept 2015, even though I am in UK on dependent visa.
OR
Question 3: My cooling period has started from March 2016, as I have not left the country and this would kick from the last date of my approved stay in UK on ICT visa.

Question 4: My plan is to get back to Tier 2 General. If I am able to do so, would 5 years of ILR period will account the time my spouse was main applicant (Sept 2015) even after she switches back to my dependent.

Regards.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Cooling period- Tier2 ICT to Tier2 Dependent to Tier2Gen

Post by poper » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am

abhiasfriend wrote:Hi Team,

My query is related to understanding how cooling period applies in my case, as I have not stayed out of UK after shifting my visa from ICT to Dependent.

In March 2013, I came to UK on long term ICT visa. This visa was last valid under MARCH 2016.
But in September 2015, I switch to Tier 2 Dependent, as my spouse has started working. I have not gone out of UK from the time I am on dependent visa.

In my case, how cooling period will work:

Question 1: Do I need to go out of UK for 12 months to kick off the cooling period?
OR
Question 2: My cooling period has started from Sept 2015, even though I am in UK on dependent visa.
OR
Question 3: My cooling period has started from March 2016, as I have not left the country and this would kick from the last date of my approved stay in UK on ICT visa.

Question 4: My plan is to get back to Tier 2 General. If I am able to do so, would 5 years of ILR period will account the time my spouse was main applicant (Sept 2015) even after she switches back to my dependent.

Regards.

Your 12 month cool-off period completed by Sep 2016.
Your ILR clock will reset to 0 when you apply for a new Tier 2 General visa(assuming your spouse is on a Tier 2 General visa as well)
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

abhiasfriend
Newly Registered

Re: Cooling period- Tier2 ICT to Tier2 Dependent to Tier2Gen

Post by abhiasfriend » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks for your confirmation. It was very helpful.