ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa extension – Confusing inputs from Home Office

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukgendep
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Visa extension – Confusing inputs from Home Office

Post by ukgendep » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:53 am

Hello All,

I intend to apply for Tier 2 visa extension. I shall be employed on the same role with the same company.

My visa runs out on 31st January, 2017.

I have called home office couple of times to confirm when I can apply for my visa extension and unfortunately every time I have got different answers.

For now, I have below things confirmed (I think),
No RLMT required because I shall be on the same role with the same company
• Employer should assign me an Unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship
Minimum salary matched to Salary mentioned in https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf for my SOC code

Things I need clarification on are,
• What should be the ‘Work start date’ on my Unrestricted CoS?
• And accordingly when should I be applying for my extension Visa?

The confusing inputs (from different calls) I have got from the Home office are as below,
• You can only apply 28 days before your visa expires. If you apply before that you might get rejected
• You can apply only 90 days before your visa expires. If you apply before that your visa might get rejected
• You can apply only 90 days before your Work start date on your CoS

Request all board members to help me on this.

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Tier 2 Visa extension – Confusing inputs from Home Offic

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:14 pm

The points you have confirmed are correct. Just make sure your salary is at the "experienced rate".

You can put any work start date, as long as its within 3 months of the issue date of your CoS.

You can also apply any time, doesn't have to be 28 days or 3 months before the expiry of your visa. Several people here have applied more than 6 months in advance. Just make sure that its within 3 months of your CoS issue date (before your Start Date).

ukgendep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ukgendep » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Thank you ShrutiBlue.
ShrutiBlue wrote: The points you have confirmed are correct. Just make sure your salary is at the "experienced rate".
Yes, it is experienced rate.
ShrutiBlue wrote: Just make sure that its within 3 months of your CoS issue date (before your Start Date).
So I can ask my employer to issue an unrestricted CoS today with a Work start date of 15th December 2016 and then I can apply for the extension Visa anytime from today but before 15th December, 2016 ?

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:01 pm

That's right.