ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sole Application or joint application??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angie77

citizenship with debts

Post by Angie77 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am

My husband just received his PRC as he is european living in uk for over 7 years.
I already have a PRC as non european.
We are thinking about applying for citizenship together.
However he has some debts about £5k which has been sold to debt collector company which we start paying but he was made redundant so we stopped paying as we have children and do not rely on any benefits.

Is this a reason for a refusal? His debts can affect my application as we are applying together?

thanks

noajthan

Re: citizenship with debts

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:21 am

Angie77 wrote:My husband just received his PRC as he is european living in uk for over 7 years.
I already have a PRC as non european.
We are thinking about applying for citizenship together.
However he has some debts about £5k which has been sold to debt collector company which we start paying but he was made redundant so we stopped paying as we have children and do not rely on any benefits.

Is this a reason for a refusal? His debts can affect my application as we are applying together?

thanks
Debts or lack of debts are not a requirement for naturalisation.
As long as the borrowing has not been reckless and/or led to CCJs or other legal actions it should not be an issue at all.

See forum FAQs on this vital matter:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 05532.html
- Q19

Applications to naturalise are made individually on separate forms;
there is no joint application so one person's case will not affect another.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:23 am

If a person is not financially sound, that could be a problem for naturalisation.

If they are in significant debt or have a CCJ, they may be refused if clear evidence is not provided that they are making an effort to clear their debt.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:31 am

The Case Worker is also likely to question how your husband is able to pay the BC fee of £1,236, when he claims to be unable to meet his obligations to clear the outstanding debt with agreed stage repayments.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 am

how do I know is there is any legal action? We were receiving some threatening letters in England but since we moved to Scotland the letters stopped. Just wonder if they are sending them to the old address.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:59 am

Probably, if you haven't provided the debt collection agency with a new address.

Believe me, this debt won't simply disappear even if you have moved. The debt collection agency will be determined to get the money on behalf of their client. Any unpaid CCJ will remain on record and the HO will check with credit reference agencies such as Experian & Equifax

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Casa wrote:The Case Worker is also likely to question how your husband is able to pay the BC fee of £1,236, when he claims to be unable to meet his obligations to clear the outstanding debt with agreed stage repayments.

Casa Right now we have money to pay for either naturalization or debts but due to brexit and all this insanity against immigrants, we are worried that somehow our lives are made so difficult to the point that we have to leave UK. I know this is unlikely but if it ever happens we never would be able to pay for any debts.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:07 pm

The priority is your choice, but be aware that if your BC application is refused due to non-payment of outstanding debts and no agreement in place (or one which you are honouring), you will lose the application fee.

I edited my previous post to include this link:
http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself
(Casa, not CR001)

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:59 pm

It is of course your choice but if I were you I would use the money to clear the debt as you currently have a somewhat secure status with your DCPR/PR card. Then, in the time leading up to Brexit (it will take at least 2 years from the moment article 50 is triggered) you can save money again and apply once you know Brexit is imminent.
As explained before, you may run the risk that they refuse and keep your application fee which would not help you at all.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Without judging, but looking at this from a moral point of view....you would be using someone else's money to pay for your BC application. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Dig into such vital questions here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf

Angie77

referee question

Post by Angie77 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:43 pm

is it an ordinary supervisor or a assistant manager acceptable as professional referee?

Angie77

referee question

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:23 am

does anyone know if a physiotherapist can act as a professional referee? It's not in the referee professional list but I just wondered if it's acceptable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: referee question

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 am

Topics merged. Please refrain from starting a new topic with each question you have about the same application.

See also Multiple Posts (click)

If the referee is not on the list, then no you cannot use them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 am

I tried to find my old posts through control panel but it seems that this feature is not available. Is there any way to find my old posts other that looking throughout the forum?

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:53 am

I am just asking if physiotherapists are acceptable because Doctors are not in the list nonetheless they are acceptable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:00 am

Angie77 wrote:I tried to find my old posts through control panel but it seems that this feature is not available. Is there any way to find my old posts other that looking throughout the forum?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1418699

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1414341
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:09 am

thank you! The forum owner should consider introducing the feature of accessing our own post through our own control panel. It would make member's life easier.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:11 am

if anyone know if a physiotherapist is acceptable please let me know.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:17 am

Angie77 wrote:thank you! The forum owner should consider introducing the feature of accessing our own post through our own control panel. It would make member's life easier.
You can. Simply click on 'my posts', on the left @ top off the page. :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 am

Casa wrote:
Angie77 wrote:thank you! The forum owner should consider introducing the feature of accessing our own post through our own control panel. It would make member's life easier.
You can. Simply click on 'my posts', on the left @ top off the page. :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf

I might be blind but I can see such link(mypost). I don't think I have it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:40 am

As a Mod I have a slightly different home page to you. The option should be there somewhere. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:49 am

Casa wrote:As a Mod I have a slightly different home page to you. The option should be there somewhere. :?
I don't think this feature is available for ordinary members or my page is not working properly.
At the moment if I want to find my own posts I have to find it in the forum page among everyone post, which sometimes takes a great amount of effort.
:lol: :lol:

(Ps: I meant I cannot see in my previous post. I am not able to edit it. )

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:19 am

Angie77 wrote:
Casa wrote:As a Mod I have a slightly different home page to you. The option should be there somewhere. :?
I don't think this feature is available for ordinary members or my page is not working properly.
At the moment if I want to find my own posts I have to find it in the forum page among everyone post, which sometimes takes a great amount of effort.

Click on User Control Panel link in page header.
Then in your profile page click on Show Your Posts link

Or on any page (not just UCP) click on View your posts link in the page header.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:29 am

noajthan wrote:
Angie77 wrote:

Click on User Control Panel link in page header.
Then in your profile page click on Show Your Posts link

Or on any page (not just UCP) click on View your posts link in the page header.

It's not available this feature for me. I think there is some type of glitch when I am logged in, as even the search box disappear when I am logged in, but thanks anyway.