ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS experience

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grasshopperwin
Newly Registered

NCS experience

Post by grasshopperwin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Dear all,

It looks like there are plenty of people who applied via NCS therefore I would be much appreciated if someone can share their experience with NCS and take a look at my questions below:

To my understanding, NCS just help to check your support docs and photocopy your original docs so that they can be return to you. They are not supposed to provide advice on your application. However recently I have seen posts on this forum saying some of their support docs were rejected due to that people at NCS think it's not necessary. Really? Is this common?

Some council websites seem to imply that they will photocopy all of your original docs and return them back to you. In my case, I would actually only want them to return my passport and BRP card so that I can go business travel if needed. I prefer to shipped all the other original docs to the HO case worker. One reason is that I do have quite some original support docs. Original bank statements, payslip and P60 are actually not easy to photocopy at batch due to size(not A4). The other reason is that docs are organised and grouped in a way to make it easy to read. Does anyone have any experience on this? Can we choose to send some original doc? Will HO return original docs if I apply via NCS.

I have had my registered immigartion solicitor reviewed my docs and all of them are required for my case. So I have not been unreasonable here, I think, in terms of the amount of docs I am providing.

Can anyone share insight and experiences please?

Thanks
Bill

alterhase58
Germany

Re: NCS experience

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:10 pm

You might find the NCS person could be quite happy not to copy a hundred documents - but I am just guessing. I had very few documents and on one the lady asked whether I mind sending the original, not sure why but hey it was my employer's letter which I can get re-issued within a couple of days. It seems the customer experiences varies from council to council, in terms of how much, or how little, they will do. But still, if you add the cost of certifying copies and postage it's good value. Best you state your preferences up-front.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Star30

Post by Star30 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Ncs clueless mate about many things ,
I had some problems wit my Ncs and I tried to explained them but she never listen she didn't even want call the home office to ask my entitled of my PR as I showed her from my mobile ukvi website which state I don't have to held PR card for year fortunately I was ready with SAR document which declare my entitlement of PR Nd the thing worried me that she didn't copy any of my decuments apart of my passport and Nd my English certficate and copy my SAR paper which state my entitlement of PR that's all

grasshopperwin
Newly Registered

Post by grasshopperwin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:44 am

alterhase58 wrote:You might find the NCS person could be quite happy not to copy a hundred documents - but I am just guessing. I had very few documents and on one the lady asked whether I mind sending the original, not sure why but hey it was my employer's letter which I can get re-issued within a couple of days. It seems the customer experiences varies from council to council, in terms of how much, or how little, they will do. But still, if you add the cost of certifying copies and postage it's good value. Best you state your preferences up-front.
Thanks for your reply and sharing. Have your original docs been returned - I guess in your case it's just your company letter? I wonder, if applying via NCS, they are supposed to photocopy everything then HO will not return any support Doc?

Thanks

grasshopperwin
Newly Registered

Post by grasshopperwin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:50 am

Star30 wrote:Ncs clueless mate about many things ,
I had some problems wit my Ncs and I tried to explained them but she never listen she didn't even want call the home office to ask my entitled of my PR as I showed her from my mobile ukvi website which state I don't have to held PR card for year fortunately I was ready with SAR document which declare my entitlement of PR Nd the thing worried me that she didn't copy any of my decuments apart of my passport and Nd my English certficate and copy my SAR paper which state my entitlement of PR that's all
Thanks for sharing. I read about your story at your thread as well. Reading Cases like this make me worry. It seems the service Quality of NCS does vary from council to council. I have my solicitor taken care my application prep. All I need from NCS is to check and return passport and BRP. I actually prefer they keep other stuff as the way they are...

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MrsT » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:00 am

All my documents were copied during my NCS appointment, and I could take the originals home. I only expected to be able to take my passport and wedding certificate home, but they even gave me my Life In The UK test document back, etc. I have to say the staff at the NCS is pretty clueless, but then again they are admin staff who are often not informed about changes, or not in a timely manner anyway. I'd say use them if you don't want to send in your original documents, but I would not expect any advice on the application form as such.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:38 pm

In my case at Hammersmith council the lady was pretty good and relaxed as Saturday appointment so I was the only one and no waiting.

She only kept my original employer letters and Life in UK pass letter (said HO want original for this) but copied and returned everything else e.g. P60s, marriage cert, BRP, master's degree etc.

Star30

Post by Star30 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:53 pm

My Ncs area lady was in holiday and I have been waiting for her for 2 month Nd she is only accept appointment in Thursday so my day was busy Nd they was nice and funny and talk a lot but not about my application lol she was in long holiday and she did explain to me her holiday so I had to be nice with her bcos my application and when we start talk about my application I knew straight way she clueless about EEA applications so she only copied my passports Nd my PR card and SAR page which confirm my entitlement of PR and take the original liuk so I did ask her what about my p60 and prove of NI she said don't worry all fine
Now I'm thinking to write cover letter to ho and explain my history and send me letter if they need any decuments

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:29 pm

That's why I am not going to use the NCS - seems like unfortunately a lot of their staff do not seem to have a clue of what they are doing and often request additional documents which aren't really needed.
It's essentially a photocopying service which also provides a very basic sanity check of the application - but how accurate this sanity check is depends on the individual office clerk. For the fee they charge I think I am just going to apply for another passport I can then use this whilst the HO process my application.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:29 pm

LilyLalilu wrote: For the fee they charge I think I am just going to apply for another passport I can then use this whilst the HO process my application.
Eh? Can you just randomly apply for 'extra' passports? What about your BRP card then? Also a new passport would mean your existing one would become cancelled/invalid as you can only have one active passport at a time from same country.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:33 pm

cyborg001 wrote:Eh? Can you just randomly apply for 'extra' passports? What about your BRP card then? Also a new passport would mean your existing one would become cancelled/invalid as you can only have one active passport at a time from same country.
Its not random.
Not so.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MrsT » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:55 pm

cyborg001 wrote: She only kept my original employer letters and Life in UK pass letter (said HO want original for this) but copied and returned everything else e.g. P60s, marriage cert, BRP, master's degree etc.
I got everything back... let's hope that HO are happy with the copies, or else I have to send in the Life in the UK pass letter and my employer letters.

Star30

Post by Star30 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:04 am

Please noajthan , casa , Vinni , cr000
Or anyone experience need ur advice please , shall I send ukvi cover letter for my application and state at the end that
NOTE please note that all evidence relevant for my claim is ready and in order to , the reason of that letter in my appointment with the national check services they refused to copy my decuments and include it with my application Thereas all decuments were ready to be sent with my application

Shall I write cover letter with my ref number and send it

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Eh? Can you just randomly apply for 'extra' passports? What about your BRP card then? Also a new passport would mean your existing one would become cancelled/invalid as you can only have one active passport at a time from same country.
I don't think you can normally have more than one PP (although I know that Germany for example issues more than one if you can justify why it's needed).
Luckily, I hold two other EU citizenships but don't have passports from these countries so I guess I'd get one of them done whilst I'm waiting for my application to be processed. And EU nationals who only have one citizenship could always apply for an ID card in the meantime. For all others, NCS is useful and the money is well spent in order to retain their travel documents whilst the HO process the application.
Or anyone experience need ur advice please , shall I send ukvi cover letter for my application and state at the end that
NOTE please note that all evidence relevant for my claim is ready and in order to , the reason of that letter in my appointment with the national check services they refused to copy my decuments and include it with my application Thereas all decuments were ready to be sent with my application
Which documents do you have that you think the NCS person did not send to the HO? If you give us a list we could see if they are necessary or if they are not needed :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.