ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of English - Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ref786

Knowledge of English - Requirement

Post by ref786 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:42 am

Hi There,

I have a quick question regarding knowledge of the English language requirement for my wife's extension. I am a British Citizen via Tier 1(G) 5 years route and she is dependant on me. so I believe have to pick Tier 1 (G) dependant form for her regardless I am a British Citizen at the minute (please let me know incase I need to pick up some other form). To fullfill English Requirement, I am thinking to opt the service of UK NARIC but have below queries.

1. When I go to UK NARIC site, there are two routes available blue (Work and Study) and red (immigration and Visa).To me, Red sounds correct but my friends say Blue. So please clarify.
2. Besides above,What services shall I go for, either 'Statement of Comparability' or 'English Language Assessment'?

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Ref

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Knowledge of English - Requirement

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:47 am

PBS Dependents don't have to meet the English language requirement.

It is FLR(M) - spouse of ILR or BC person - that must meet the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ref786

Post by ref786 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. But at the minute, I am BC so still not applicable for wife's visa extension. Do they consider the time, when I applied for my wife visa first time becasue at the time I was on Tier G visa.

Please reply.

Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:45 pm

If she is extending her PBS Dependent visa, those are the requirements she has to meet. You now being BC is not relevant to that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ref786

Post by ref786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks for your reply appreciated!

I have now a concern which was raised when my wife called home office up to enquire same doubts. She was asked few questions and then told to switch to FLR(M) as Tier 1 G is going to close in April 2018 and my wife doesnt complete 5 years till that time as she came to uk Sep 2013. She was advised to switch to FLR(M) asap and complete 5 years on it to get ILR.

Honestly, to me it doesnt sound right so I thought I should confrim it here with experts.

Thanks again.
Ref

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Tier 1 G ILR apps close in April 2018 for Main Tier 1 G applicants NOT dependents.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/overview

Switching to FLR(M) will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year residence period.

HO is known to give out incorrect information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ref786

Post by ref786 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks for confirming it.

Appreciated!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:39 pm

To emphasise the situation, what we should say is that the HO 'helpline' staff rarely give out correct advice. :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.