ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa application help pls!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oddone
Newly Registered

spouse visa application help pls!

Post by oddone » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:25 am

Hi, i am applying for a spouse visa soon.

before i was a student in uk. I believe i made an application to first tier tribunal for permission to appeal to upper tribunal following my decision from first tier tribunal. My immigration advisor at the time said he made an application. But later after 5 months i voluntary departed on my own expense, by calling voluntary depart team and also told them to withdraw any pending appeals. I had not heard from ukba or tribunal in 5 months.

when filling up my immigration history in my application, i have no information about my last permission to appeal application . I think i made an appeal, but right now i cant recall if a proper appeal was made. It was handled by a immigration advisor and now i even doubt if he made an application for me on not>

My question is what do i fill in my application, do i fill as overstayer of 5 months( after my appeal decision) or should i write that i think i made an appeal to upper tribunal which i have no information about. I even emailed upper tribunal but they say these matter are dealt by ukvi.

I read that overstayer wont matter in Spouse visa application.

Please advice. Im little worried

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Re: spouse visa application help pls!

Post by kingstons vc » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 pm

if a valid appeal was submitted in time then you would not have overstayed as you have valid leave while an appeal is pending, now if you did overstay by 5 months then the io/eco will take this into consideration when making a decision on your application, overstaying is a serious matter, but remember you need to be transparent when submitting your application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa application help pls!

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:42 pm

A period of overstay should not affect your spouse settlement visa application. You should mention the circumstances as required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.