ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR application concerns: PR application on hold?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blueeyes
Newly Registered

EEA PR application concerns: PR application on hold?

Post by blueeyes » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Hello Everyone,
Any suggestion will be helpful please.

My husband (non-EEA national) submitted his PR application on the 17th August 2016. Did biometric and got his COA. On the 23rd of September, he requested back for his passport, which he received yesterday 26th October after several attempts.

Just to mention, I applied for my DCPR on the 2nd of July 2016 (still waiting for my DCPR).

Due to his professional Medical practice, he is to have a board exam in Brussels in December 2016. After speaking to the MP after submitting his PR application, MP decided to help with expedited request.

Today, 27th October 2016, the MP secretary called to update us about the request. She said that 'she was informed by the Home Office (MP Liaison team), that my husband's application is currently on hold, because of his passport and previous expired residency card return'. Specifically said that currently the Home office system is showing that his EEA application is on hold.

I managed to explain to the MP that 'under EEA application route' passport return does not affect application process and that the Home office should't have put his application on hold.

Any idea of who to contact in Home office about this? or how to go about it.

Thanks and hope to hear any suggestion.