ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUND OF IHS payment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John Green

REFUND OF IHS payment

Post by John Green » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:08 pm

My wife from Moldova received the spouse visa a week ago. However, because her personal circumstances changed, she is now not going to use the visa.

I assume I don't (as the person paying) get a refund of the cost of the visa.

But the IHS - she never used the NHS, clearly. How do I get a refund of the IHS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: REFUND OF IHS payment

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:11 pm

You don't get a refund of either the application fee or IHS fee as the visa has been issued.

She does realise she would have to enter the UK within 30 days as that is the validity in her passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John Green

Post by John Green » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Her personal situation has dramatically changed since the visa was issued. I am not a happy man at all about this (my many posts being made precisely to get her this visa), but there is now no chance she will use the visa before 14 November, when it was issued to. Or probably within any extension period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:42 pm

When would she be in a position to travel?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John Green

Post by John Green » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:53 pm

The problem is that I think she wants to remain in Moldova. I don't want to explain the reasons, though you might guess a few possible ones. There is a huge split because of all this, and frankly I feel like I have wasted the time of a lot of people.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:19 pm

If the marriage has 'broken down' for example, you have an obligation to inform HO, particularly as a visa has been issued already. Link to form below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:26 pm

You haven't wasted our time. No all visa applications result in a happy conclusion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

John Green

Post by John Green » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:39 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support. We have chatted, my wife and I, since this and we have now agreed that she should make the effort to live here in the UK with me as her husband. So there is no estrangement. Like many new immigrants, she was (and to a degree still is) somewhat concerned about what future awaits her in a new country, but she is now willing to give it a go.

A quick query. She has to get the Biometric Residence Permit at my local post office within 10 days of her arrival. Now according to the post office video on the process, she needs to supply a letter that she received from the UKVI (the UKVI 11 letter). Plus her passport with the visa and vignette on it.

However, the video also claims that she needs to bring with her to the post office "a personal barcode letter" that was supplied by UKVI. What exactly is this please?

This is the post office video:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/foreign-nat ... nce-permit

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Isn't there a barcode on the UKVI 11 letter?

Are you aware that your wife MUST enter the UK within 30 days of the visa being granted :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

John Green

Post by John Green » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Yes to the 30 days (I've been on this forum long enough to know that one (LOL))

But no there is no barcode on the letter, which is the issue. And the UKVI 11 letter only says she needs to bring that letter with her and her passport with the spouse visa and the vignette. They (unlike the post office) make no mention of this other requirement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:36 pm

The barcoded letter is likely the biometric enrollment letter for applications made WITHIN the UK.

She only needs the letter you mention and her passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

John Green

Post by John Green » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:56 pm

You're right. I just phoned the post office. If she had her biometric information taken in Moldova, which I believe she had to consent to in order to get the spousal visa, this will not apply. Pity the post office video overlooked this.