ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Postal - no communication for > month, normal?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nfoote

ILR Postal - no communication for > month, normal?

Post by nfoote » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:10 am

Posted ILR SET(O) around 10/9/16
Money taken 14/9/16
Since then I've heard nothing at all, its been over a month? Is that normal?

I understand they don't send confirmation letters any more but some people have mentioned confirmation emails but I haven't seen one of those.

Also I haven't got a BRP letter, which most people seem to get within 2-3 weeks of application. I already had a BRP from my previous Tier1 extensions, does that mean I won't need to do another one and they're just skipping that bit, or should I have got a letter to refresh my BRP for photo or whatever?

Would be handy if there was somewhere where you could check the status of your application but I imagine they don't want thousands of people ringing every day asking where its at?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Postal - no communication for > month, normal?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:44 am

nfoote wrote:Also I haven't got a BRP letter, which most people seem to get within 2-3 weeks of application. I already had a BRP from my previous Tier1 extensions, does that mean I won't need to do another one and they're just skipping that bit, or should I have got a letter to refresh my BRP for photo or whatever?
Every application you make requires biometric enrollment, so no, HO won't be 'just skipping it'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nfoote

Post by nfoote » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:49 am

CR001 wrote:Every application you make requires biometric enrollment, so no, HO won't be 'just skipping it'.
So should I be concerned that I haven't received anything seemingly about twice as long as other people report?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:55 am

Did you send it recorded mail and sure that they did receive it?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nfoote

Post by nfoote » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 am

CR001 wrote:Did you send it recorded mail and sure that they did receive it?
Like I said, they took the money, so that's a pretty good indication they got it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:22 am

I will leave someone else to offer advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:24 am

You should've atleast got a Biometric letter, I suggest you to mail them with your name, DOB and tell them you haven't received biometric enrollment letter. I had an issue with biometics previously and I got help from below email. Worth a try.

AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Took over a month to get my biometric letter. Very normal at the moment.

nfoote

Post by nfoote » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:09 pm

NickTheKiwi wrote:Took over a month to get my biometric letter. Very normal at the moment.
Lo and Behold when I got home yesterday evening after panicking about the letter not arriving, it was sitting there waiting for me. Dated 41 days after they took payment.

Also, got very confused by the email notification telling me NickTheKiwi had commented ... *I'm* Nick The(a) Kiwi ...?