ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can T2G do contracting through an Umbrella org?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manibest
Newly Registered

Can T2G do contracting through an Umbrella org?

Post by manibest » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi,

I have been looking for a fulltime permanent role for last one and half years but no luck so far.

the 2nd options I can think of is to do contract roles through an Umbrella organisation. In this case, the umbrella company will hire me, will sponsor me and will do my payroll. If either I or the umbrella company find me a contract role, I will work on that contract at client site as employee of that umbrella company.

Question: Is such contracting allowed in Tier 2 general visa leading to ILR?

Thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can T2G do contracting through an Umbrella org?

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:02 pm

manibest wrote:Hi,

I have been looking for a fulltime permanent role for last one and half years but no luck so far.

the 2nd options I can think of is to do contract roles through an Umbrella organisation. In this case, the umbrella company will hire me, will sponsor me and will do my payroll. If either I or the umbrella company find me a contract role, I will work on that contract at client site as employee of that umbrella company.

Thanks in advance.
No, absolutely forbidden. You have to be employed directly by the end client, not an intermediary.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Can T2G do contracting through an Umbrella org?

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Wanderer wrote:
manibest wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance.
No, absolutely forbidden. You have to be employed directly by the end client, not an intermediary.
+1 advice @Wanderer
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.