ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First enter in the UK on a long-term basis ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

caravansahara
Newly Registered

First enter in the UK on a long-term basis ?

Post by caravansahara » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Naturalisation. My question is:

What can I/should I consider to be my first entry in the UK on a long term basis?

I have entered the UK on various occasions, as a holder of various different visas:

1. Student Visa
2. WP Visa
3. T1(G) visa, then switched to the EU immigration route inside the UK while I was a T1(G) visa holder and I have been residing in the UK since then without interruptions.

Breaks between visas:....... there have been none, except for 20 days between the Student Visa and the WP visa
Absences form the UK: ......the longest absence form the UK during this period has been a 6 month absence, followed by 1 day in the UK, followed by another 4,5 month absence, all while I was a WP visa holder.

What can I/should I consider to be my first entry in the UK on a long term basis?

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: First enter in the UK on a long-term basis ?

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:01 pm

caravansahara wrote:Hi,

I am applying for Naturalisation. My question is:

I have entered the UK on various occasions, as a holder of various different visas:

1. Student Visa
2. WP Visa
3. T1(G) visa, then switched to the EU immigration route inside the UK while I was a T1(G) visa holder and I have been residing in the UK since then without interruptions.

Breaks between visas:....... there have been none, except for 20 days between the Student Visa and the WP visa
Absences form the UK: ......the longest absence form the UK during this period has been a 6 month absence, followed by 1 day in the UK, followed by another 4,5 month absence, all while I was a WP visa holder.

Many thanks

No need to duplicate posts. Please continue in your original thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1415362
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.