ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent of British children visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Parent of British children visa

Post by zahmed05 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi,

One of my friend just had a child who is British from her partner. She had over stayed her student visa and her partnership isn't registered. Can someone pls help me with the following?

Can she apply FLR(FP)?
Does she needs to register as a partner or apply as single mother?

Child's father has PR.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Parent of British children visa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:27 pm

What do you mean by their partnership isn't registered :?:

Are they unmarried partners who have lived together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least 2 years?

Or do they live separately?

How can the father have PR if he is British :?: Or do you mean the child alone is British :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I mean they are not married. They used to live together and stayed together for around a year. They are planning to move into same place in near future.

I meant child alone is British. Father has PR card and mother was student but overstayed now.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 pm

With no legal status, the mother has no automatic right to remain in the UK.

She can submit a FLR(FP) Parent route application only as long as she isn't living with the child's father. Although there's no guarantee that this will be granted.

She doesn't qualify for the FLR(FP) partner route.

What nationality are the child's parents?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Mother is from Pakistan and Dad is from Germany.

Thank you. That does make sense. I'll pass this to them.

Regards,
Zeeshan