ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent of EU citizen going to Ireland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

petkanov

Dependent of EU citizen going to Ireland

Post by petkanov » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:44 pm

Hi, my wife is EU citizen. She wants to travel to Ireland and possibly get a job there. She wants me to accompany her in this trip. What kind of visa should I apply for? I know that under EU rules family members of EU citizens can accompany the EU citizen. How does that work in practise for Ireland? Thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:54 am

yes you are right, you can accompany your wife for a visit or to stay and work in ireland, the best place to look would be at the Irish Embassy in your/wifes country, http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... iedeea.htm

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:19 am

There is a right to get an EEA Family Permit. That will effectively give you the same rights as your EEA-Citizen spouse. By EU legislation EEA Family Permits need to be issued for free ..... no application fee.

Contact the Irish Embassy in the country in which you are now living.