ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting Certified Passport Copy from Home Office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koala89
Newly Registered

Requesting Certified Passport Copy from Home Office

Post by koala89 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:47 am

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I am in desperate need of some advice and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am a British Citizen working full-time for the NHS. I have been in a relationship with an asylum seeker for 2 years and we wish to marry.
We both hold all documents needed to register our intent to marry EXCEPT for the most important, my partners passport.
It is currently with the HO and after asking at our local registry office, we were told to request for a certified copy of his passport from the HO.
This was approx. 6 months ago and we have both made countless calls and sent 6 letters in the 6 months - 3 by registered post. Each advisor we speak to only tell us that the request has been received and all we can do is wait.

I understand these things take time, but 6 months is a long time to wait and get nowhere.
Is anybody else in this situation? Has anyone succeeded in getting the certified copy of passport?

Any words of advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

mairyk10
United Kingdom

Re: Requesting Certified Passport Copy from Home Office

Post by mairyk10 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:04 am

i have sent same request a year ago still no reply