ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange Letter from UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spzenthil

Strange Letter from UKBA

Post by spzenthil » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:57 am

Hi,

I have received a strange letter from UKBA telling they were unable to confirm my identity. I am not sure the letter is for what category.

Bit of background

I have got my citizenship approval letter last month and attended citizenship ceremony about 10 days back and got the citizenship certificate as well. I am yet to apply for british passport in the meanwhile I want to process my in-laws visa application as I want them to travel to UK. so we have applied for visitor visa with my citizenship certificate and letter explaining yet to apply for passport.

Today I received a letter with the below contents

Code: Select all

Our Ref: =====
Dear XXXXX

At present the details you have supplied have not enabled us to confirm your identity. Please can you supply clear copies of at least one document from the list below. This will then enable us to progress your enquiry.
List B
     * A letter sent to you, with your address on, by the home office (issue in the last 6 months)
     * Utility bill showing current home address (issue in the last 6 months)
     * Bank Statement or Building Society Book (issue in the last 6 months)
  I note that you have copied your BRP card. Please can you return this card.

Yours sincerely,
ZZZZZZZ

After receiving the Citizenship certificate I have cut the BRP card into half and returned it back as well.
Also I have sent a letter requesting to delete my biometrics as I am free from immigration.

Now I am not clear what the letter is for, is it for my in-laws visitor visa? or delayed checking in my citizenship application?

I am unable to call Home office yet as today is holiday and would call them first thing on monday. But have anybody come across anything like this? or any advice on what course of action would be best here?

Appreciate your support as always.

Cheers,
-Senthil

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Strange Letter from UKBA

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:03 am

It's likely to refer to the visitor visa application your in-laws have submitted.

If so, it appears that you haven't provided sufficient evidence of your identity as the sponsor.

By the way, the letter won't have come from the UKBA. They were disbanded in March 2013 due to being unfit for purpose.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:09 am

Not sure why people are so loyal to the clearly dearly missed UKBA.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:21 am

ha ha.. Yeah it was from Home office. The letter mentioned as UK Visas & Immigration which while typing it in hurry I typed it as UKBA.

The letter is addressed from
Immigration Fingerprint Bureau,
Immigration Checking & Enquiry Services,
UK Visas & Immigration,
Home office,
5th Floor, Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon - CR9 2BY
www.gov.uk/home-office
I am not sure whether it is for the visitor visa.

As a sponsor I have already provided these documents
1. Invitation letter
2. Citizenship certificate copy
3. Last 3 months bank statement
4. Land & Property Services Bill
5. Letter from employer
6. Pay slips for past 3 months
7. Copy of my wife passport & BRP card.

So that doesn't make sense to ask for a bank statement dated within past 6 months when I have provided past 3 months bank statement.

Thanks,
-Senthil

baddy
United Kingdom

Post by baddy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 am

If I were UKVI, I will refuse the application too. The hard truth. You cant use Certificate of naturalisation as a proof of ID. A proof of ID must have your picture and a proof of address will have your address. You have only provided proof of address and not proof of ID.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:23 am

baddy,
You may have a point (but we are not talking about whether to reject the visitor visa or not)

I am trying to find out what is the purpose of the letter here, even with your logic
None of the documents requested have anything to do with ID proof. All are pointing to address proof.
All those documents are atleast (Bank Statement) of the past 3 months is already available with them.
so that doesn't make any sense.

Thanks,
-Senthil

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:23 am

You are dealing with a government department, don't expect logic or commonsense or consistency or joined-up thinking.

The caseworker couldn't identify somebody.
Whoever that somebody is (you, the applicant, the visitor?) need to humour them and respond to the letter, supplying what is requested.
Or else the case is likely to languish in some dark, dank corner of the HO HQ cellars forever.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:25 pm

noajthan,
I think there should be some logic/common sense in every department and atleast in this case government department also seem to have.

I think the letter is because of my request to delete my biometric information and since I send both the cancelled BRP cards and biometric deletion request on the same day and I missed the BRP copy in the biometric deletion request they have written back asking me to confirm my identity.

so it is not related to visitor visa at all. I didn't expect to hear back about the biometric deletion that quickly resulted in thinking it as for visitor visa. Anyways I have sent the requested information and hopefully all goes well.

Cheers,
-Senthil