ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea efm refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bliss9845
Newly Registered

Eea efm refused

Post by Bliss9845 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi to all, im new to this forum but have been following it for a long time. Now getting to the subject, i did apply as an unmarried partner of an eea national in may for which i got the refused . I received the refusal letter with the documents today but they haven't returned my passport. They have said that we didn't submit enough evidence of our relationship( i mean me and my partner) and because of that they refused . We were not living together for 2 years as they require usually but we were in relationship for 2 years when we submitted the application and we did provide facebook conversation when we were apart and flight tickets of her visiting me few times before she moved to uk with me. They said it is not possible to authenticate the facebook conversation. We did provide tenency aggrement and council tax in our both names and lots of other documents named individually . As i have been most of the other bills in my name ,they say we haven't provied enough financial share and burden. As a result i have failed to demonstrate our relationship. Now we don't have right of appeal as well.
Now i don't want to reapply as yous know it takes the whole six months and only we and others in the same boat knows how hard it is to survive in one wage insteadbof two. We'r thinking to leave ik and apply for family permit after getting married, hopefully soon.
We both would really appreciate your help, advice and suggestions. It will help us shape our future as it is very rocky at the moment. Please advise if you think we have right plan . Help!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Eea efm refused

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:51 pm

The Home Office are likely only to release your passport when you make arrangements to leave the UK. The passport will then be left at the airport for collection on your departure.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:34 pm

When you send your application. What date.

Bliss9845
Newly Registered

Post by Bliss9845 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi casa thanks for your swift comment. Do you think if our future application( family permit application) be affected by this in anyway?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Not if you are married and can prove a genuine relationship and your wife is exercising her Treaty rights in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bliss9845
Newly Registered

Post by Bliss9845 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks again casa, we would have liked to get married with a peace of mind but what can you do when the home office does unthinkable. Its fine though, as happy as we'r about the wedding we'r a little stressed with this situation. Hope is our only strength at the moment.

Isaac90
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac90 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:40 pm

Alisher wrote:When you send your application. What date.
Hi Bliss9845, sorry about your situation, can you remembered which day i mean date in May you applied. thanks

Bliss9845
Newly Registered

Post by Bliss9845 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:43 pm

3rd may