ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Details of your employment and ...(AN application form)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imaner
Iran

Details of your employment and ...(AN application form)

Post by imaner » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:00 am

Hi everyone;
I've got an appointment in NCS office next week. I would like to make sure that everything is going right so it's very appreciated if you guys help me with some parts of the application form.

I've come to the UK in 2010 as a refugee and I've been studying up to now. Within this six years, the only period I worked was between 2014 to 2015 and it was a part time job(less than 16 hours/week).
My questions are:
1. what should I write in this part of AN form? "1.45 What is your occupation?"
As I am currently a university student, should I just write "Student"?

2. Do I need to send them the payslips from my previous job? I don't have neither the P45 nor P60!

3. would it be better off if I provide a confirmation letter from my uni confirming that I'm student at the moment?

4. I took Life in the UK test in 2014. As far as I know there is no expiry date for the test but could you just assure me if it's still valid or not?

5. about "Evidence of lawful residence", I've got my travel document of the last five years and there are all entries stamps in it; do I still need to provide a letter from the college I was studying in within last 4 years? Or do they accept my utility bills, council tax, TV licences, student finance letters or taxed credit letters?

Thank you in advance.

noajthan

Re: Details of your employment and ...(AN application form)

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:12 am

imaner wrote:Hi everyone;

My questions are:
1. what should I write in this part of AN form? "1.45 What is your occupation?"
As I am currently a university student, should I just write "Student"?

2. Do I need to send them the payslips from my previous job? I don't have neither the P45 nor P60!

3. would it be better off if I provide a confirmation letter from my uni confirming that I'm student at the moment?

4. I took Life in the UK test in 2014. As far as I know there is no expiry date for the test but could you just assure me if it's still valid or not?

5. about "Evidence of lawful residence", I've got my travel document of the last five years and there are all entries stamps in it; do I still need to provide a letter from the college I was studying in within last 4 years? Or do they accept my utility bills, council tax, TV licences, student finance letters or taxed credit letters?

Thank you in advance.
1) Student; its not a trick question.

2) No, just evidence tax/NI contributions eg P60.

3) As confirmation of status: no need.
As confirmation of residence: useful.

4) LITUK does not expire.

5) Stamped passports will do. It won't hurt to add more but no need.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Thanks for your comprehensive response,

Last questions:

1. If I write student in occupation field, should I write my university's name and address in "1.47 Name of employer or business:" AND "1.48 Address of employer or business"?

2. About referees; If I choose a Teacher as one my referees, should he be my teacher or he just has to be a teacher?

3. Do the referees have to sign on the back of my photos?

4. I'm gonna apply for British passport along with my naturalisation application; I heard that if I apply both together, we don't need to go for passport interview. Is it right?

5. Following the question 4, as I'm applying for British passport as well, Can I keep my travel document until the end of BC process? If yes, how they gonna issue me a British passport while I haven't returned the travel document to them?

Really appreciate!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:56 am

imaner wrote:Thanks for your comprehensive response,

Last questions:

1. If I write student in occupation field, should I write my university's name and address in "1.47 Name of employer or business:" AND "1.48 Address of employer or business"?

2. About referees; If I choose a Teacher as one my referees, should he be my teacher or he just has to be a teacher?

3. Do the referees have to sign on the back of my photos?

4. I'm gonna apply for British passport along with my naturalisation application; I heard that if I apply both together, we don't need to go for passport interview. Is it right?

5. Following the question 4, as I'm applying for British passport as well, Can I keep my travel document until the end of BC process? If yes, how they gonna issue me a British passport while I haven't returned the travel document to them?

Really appreciate!
1) No need; leave it blank.

2) Any person who is a teacher who knows you.

3) As I recall (read instructions):
Naturalisation - no
Passport - yes

4) Yes, as you apply via NCS and NCS see you.

5) Yes, if applying via NCS.
What travel document is that?

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks again,

I applied for travel document right after I have received my ILR last year and it's valid for 10 years. As far as I know, I have to send it back to them as it is stated in Passport application form but I'm not sure weather I should send it now or passport office gonna ask me before issuing my British passport.
The reason I'm asking is because the BC process might take up to 6 months or even more so it would be great if I could keep my Travel document until Citizenship Ceremony.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:40 am

imaner wrote:Thanks again,

I applied for travel document right after I have received my ILR last year and it's valid for 10 years. As far as I know, I have to send it back to them as it is stated in Passport application form but I'm not sure weather I should send it now or passport office gonna ask me before issuing my British passport.
The reason I'm asking is because the BC process might take up to 6 months or even more so it would be great if I could keep my Travel document until Citizenship Ceremony.
Apply via NCS and keep all original documents.