ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization and tax

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rg808253
Newly Registered

naturalization and tax

Post by rg808253 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:39 am

hello folks

i am new to this forum, but hope will get some help.

i am on ilr from tier 1 general, but live in the uk for more than 10 years. going to apply naturalization. m
my question is would they treat me as a 10 resident or 5 year rout?
secondly if had not paid enough tax before my ilr due to losses (i am self employed)..after getting the 1st extension and ilr would it be a problem? if yes then would they cancel my ilr?

thank you in advance

noajthan

Re: naturalization and tax

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 am

rg808253 wrote:hello folks

i am new to this forum, but hope will get some help.

i am on ilr from tier 1 general, but live in the uk for more than 10 years. going to apply naturalization. m
my question is would they treat me as a 10 resident or 5 year rout?
secondly if had not paid enough tax before my ilr due to losses (i am self employed)..after getting the 1st extension and ilr would it be a problem? if yes then would they cancel my ilr?

thank you in advance
ILR is ILR, that's it. If requirements are met then apply.

If deception or other irregularities are involved then your good character is called into question.
Depends on details of case and how serious the situation is as to what the ramifications are going to be.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rg808253
Newly Registered

Post by rg808253 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:09 am

thank you noathjan for your reply

in AN form they ask tax reference number, is it to check if the applicant is not a tax defaulter with hmrc?

i mean do they also bother to check all what tax is paid in last 5 or 10 years and match it with the earnings declared before getting ilr?

regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:18 am

rg808253 wrote:thank you noathjan for your reply

in AN form they ask tax reference number, is it to check if the applicant is not a tax defaulter with hmrc?

i mean do they also bother to check all what tax is paid in last 5 or 10 years and match it with the earnings declared before getting ilr?

regards
We would need someone on the inside to know what each piece of information is used for.
But certainly employment history and tax crosschecks with HMRC are just some of the verification and good character checks that are carried out (along with credit checks, criminal checks & etc etc).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.