ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Processing Time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frustated
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Processing Time

Post by frustated » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Could any one be kind enough to share his/her experience of getting his/her naturalisation application successful after starting the external checks and how long did it take in total after submitting the application. Please tell me the difference in character checks and external checks and why some people get character checks and other get external checks and some even don't get any thing and their application get through in less than 2 months. I submitted my application for naturalisation on the basis of 10 years long residence and 1 year ILR and it is nearly 4-months completing. Whenever, I phone to the enquiry line about the application's progress, I get the answer that "waiting for external checks" and no more. I got only one letter and that was acknowledegment letter within one week of submitting my application. Would you please tell me what these checks are and how long do they take in this case. Any other experience and advice, you would like to share with me. your help would be much appreciated. I can't even sleep thinking about lingering the application beyond 6-months.

Many Thanks

Frustated

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:40 am

This question is asked over and over again. It has been covered in minute detail by many contributors. I suggest you do a search through the forums where you will find the answers you're looking for.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

frustated
Newly Registered

Post by frustated » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 am

Dawie wrote:This question is asked over and over again. It has been covered in minute detail by many contributors. I suggest you do a search through the forums where you will find the answers you're looking for.
I had a quick search but could not find the answer. Could any one please share with his/her recent experience facing this query. I would be much obliged.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:35 pm

Mine took a month but that was over a year ago.

Look in this (giant) thread dedicated to just what youre looking for: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5575
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten