ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General Dependant Visa Application Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Tier2 General Dependant Visa Application Query

Post by talhachohan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply a PBS dependant visa for my wife to be next month and I have got visa application related confusions. I’ll be very thankful if someone can help me out here.

In this regard, my current situation is that I got sponsored on Tier 2 general by my current employer in 2014 for more than 3 years or the category which is called Tier 2 general (upto 5 years). The duration currently left on my visa is 1 year and a couple of months and that is when the maximum amount of time for which one can be sponsored under tier 2 will be reached for me.

Furthermore, my fiancé has never been to UK before and she is a national of a country that is outside EU and EEA. In this relation, my questions are as below:
  1. 1. I found out that the application has to be made online and I have registered online to start the application. However, I am not sure if, she should apply herself or can I apply for her by selecting “apply for someone else” on the portal ? I’d prefer to apply for her myself but is that ok to do ?
  • 2. I have got 1 year and a couple of months left on my visa, so can we apply for “General Partner, up to 3 years” or do we have to apply for “General Partner, up to 5 years” only because I was sponsored for more than 3 years ?
  • 3. In the visa application, does the “Main Applicant” section refer to me or her ?

Thanks In Advance

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier2 General Dependant Visa Application Query

Post by manci » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:01 pm

1. If you already registered for the online service choose "apply for someone else" but she will have to sign the declaration and attend the visa application centre herself in any case. Alternatively, she can register and apply herself. In either case for communications you can give your email address if you wish.

2. Choose the "up to 3 years" category, which will determine the fee to be paid, but the expiry date of her visa will be the same as yours.

3. You are the Main Applicant (she is the Applicant)

Remember that in addition to the other required documents she should also submit evidence of your ongoing T2 employment (letter from employer, payslips, bank statements).

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi Manci,

Thanks for replying, very much appreciated. I have confirmed the answer 1 and 3 to be the same as yours from other sources however the number 2 is a little tricky because i haven't been able find any reference in the guidance or the immigration rules that clarifies this. And other members on forum are telling me that I might have to apply for an upto 5 year one which is inline with my CoS duration. Please see below the answer from iworker regarding the same:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 13209.html

I'll be very glad if you come across any verifiable source to this whether upto 3 year or 5 year and reply here for the benefit of other members who are in similar situation.

Thanks very much again for the help :)

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:13 pm

I am not aware of any rule that would require your wife to apply for a visa for longer than 3 years when the max. leave she can get is only approx. 1 year.

Let the forum know if you find any rule to the contrary.

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi Manci,

Just a quick update my wife has got her visa and i applied for upto 3 years category like you suggested. Thanks for the guidance.

Cheers

layman2016
Newly Registered

Post by layman2016 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi talhachohan,
many congrats..

I will be also bringing my wife very soon.

Would you mind sharing some information like what documents did you submitted along with the form.
I have been hearing that we need to send chat logs/wedding photographs etc

I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards
layman

talhachohan
Newly Registered

Post by talhachohan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi Layman,

Please read the reply from oj.bulmer here, I followed exactly the same

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 79068.html

and yes evidence of relationship should be as elaborate as it can be whats app, skype, facebook and pictures whatever you can find to convince the immigration officer that your relationship is genuine. I submitted a print of 400 pages of whatsapp chat which might not be necessary but is definitely convincing along with call logs from skype and facebook messenger.

Evidence of maintenance can be your bank statements stamped and verified from the bank. If you bank with barclays you can get electronically stamped bank statement from tottenham court road branch on the self service machine. That machine prints out the exact bank statement that you get in post but the addition is that is a verification eStamp on the bottom right corner of each page.

Last but not the least is the proof of accommodation which is a tenancy agreement with an NOC from landlord or their agent and p.s. you got to prove that your wife coming to live in the property will not lead to over crowding. I proved that by providing the council tax bill on which i was receiving single occupancy discount for the one bedroom flat that i am renting.

P.S. none of the documents need to be coloured as the vfs global people at gerry's don't accept any coloured documents anyway. Also they will give you back all your originals and keep the photocopies of the originals so don't panic with that.

Good Luck!

layman2016
Newly Registered

Post by layman2016 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:56 pm

talhachohan wrote:Hi Layman,

Please read the reply from oj.bulmer here, I followed exactly the same

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 79068.html

and yes evidence of relationship should be as elaborate as it can be whats app, skype, facebook and pictures whatever you can find to convince the immigration officer that your relationship is genuine. I submitted a print of 400 pages of whatsapp chat which might not be necessary but is definitely convincing along with call logs from skype and facebook messenger.

Evidence of maintenance can be your bank statements stamped and verified from the bank. If you bank with barclays you can get electronically stamped bank statement from tottenham court road branch on the self service machine. That machine prints out the exact bank statement that you get in post but the addition is that is a verification eStamp on the bottom right corner of each page.

Last but not the least is the proof of accommodation which is a tenancy agreement with an NOC from landlord or their agent and p.s. you got to prove that your wife coming to live in the property will not lead to over crowding. I proved that by providing the council tax bill on which i was receiving single occupancy discount for the one bedroom flat that i am renting.

P.S. none of the documents need to be coloured as the vfs global people at gerry's don't accept any coloured documents anyway. Also they will give you back all your originals and keep the photocopies of the originals so don't panic with that.

Good Luck!
Thank you so so so much talhachohan... :D

kind regards
layman