ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aditya1979
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by aditya1979 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:35 pm

New Question:

Hi, I am an ICT Long term visa holder, and my wife is also an ICT long term visa holder (both of us have CoS from our respective separate employers).

My wife is now having a job offer which she can only accept if she can shift to Tier 2 Gen visa.

Can she do the following - is it an option that we can try?
First she shifts to an ICT Dependent visa on my ICT Long term visa, after resigning from her job.
Then she shifts to Tier 2 general from the ICT Dependent visa within a period of 2 months. Will there be a cooling off period applicable for her as she has been in the UK on her own ICT Short Term and then ICT Long term visas prior to her being a dependent on my ICT visa.

She may have to go outside the UK if required for the conversion from ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General visa.

Query 1: Does she have to go outside of UK to transfer from her current ICT Long Term CoS visa to being a dependent on my ICT visa?

Query 2: Will she be eligible for conversion from ICT Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General Visa without a cooling off period of 12 months? If yes, does she need to go outside of the UK to apply for this visa conversion?

Query 3: If Query 2 is Yes, Can I change from my ICT Long Term visa to being a Dependent on her Tier 2 General Visa later without going outside of the UK?

Will appreciate a response, as this is a peculiar case!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:09 pm

aditya1979 wrote:New Question:

Hi, I am an ICT Long term visa holder, and my wife is also an ICT long term visa holder (both of us have CoS from our respective separate employers).

My wife is now having a job offer which she can only accept if she can shift to Tier 2 Gen visa.

Can she do the following - is it an option that we can try?
First she shifts to an ICT Dependent visa on my ICT Long term visa, after resigning from her job.
Then she shifts to Tier 2 general from the ICT Dependent visa within a period of 2 months. Will there be a cooling off period applicable for her as she has been in the UK on her own ICT Short Term and then ICT Long term visas prior to her being a dependent on my ICT visa.

She may have to go outside the UK if required for the conversion from ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General visa.

Query 1: Does she have to go outside of UK to transfer from her current ICT Long Term CoS visa to being a dependent on my ICT visa?
No, she can do from UK itself.

Query 2: Will she be eligible for conversion from ICT Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General Visa without a cooling off period of 12 months? If yes, does she need to go outside of the UK to apply for this visa conversion?
No. Cool off will be applicable from the last day of her T2 ICT visa irrespective whether she remains in UK as your dependent or move back to home country.

Query 3: If Query 2 is Yes, Can I change from my ICT Long Term visa to being a Dependent on her Tier 2 General Visa later without going outside of the UK?
After 12 month cool-off, if she manages to get her own T2 general visa, you can more to be her dependent from within UK.

Will appreciate a response, as this is a peculiar case!

aditya1979
Newly Registered

Post by aditya1979 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks moonlight! Appreciate it.

shnkuk246
Newly Registered

Post by shnkuk246 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:07 am

Just have a minor query, Do we have to submit existing BRP card while applying for new Visa? Like in this case will my dependent have to submit BRP card to apply for Tier 2 General. And if this application is rejected can she come back on her existing Tier - 2 Dependent Visa? Or if we both apply for Gen and Dependent Visa respectively and if not successful can come back on previous Visa?

shnkuk246
Newly Registered

Post by shnkuk246 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi,

Please respond if you are aware about the above query. It's urgent.
TIA