ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health Surcharge Repay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underfire222

Health Surcharge Repay

Post by underfire222 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:32 am

Hello everyone.

I am currently on a tier 2 visa in UK.

I have applied for an extension of my tier 2 visa on jan 2016 as I was changing jobs. I got a visa for 3 years as per my new job contract and hence pain 600 for the health surcharge. After 6 month I got offered an better training job, so I applied for another tier2 visa agin to change my sponser and paid another 200 pounds for one year of health surcharge.

Accordingly I should get back 500 pounds from the home office as I only used 6 month from the 3 year health surcharge period that I paid for in Jan. Its been more than 3 month now since I got my other visa and I havenot received any repayment yet.

May you please advice me on what to do to get my money back, I cant find any way to contact the home office about this. There is no numbers or emails to ask specifically about that matter.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Health Surcharge Repay

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

underfire222

Re: Health Surcharge Repay

Post by underfire222 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks for the Reply CR001,

I have tried this link before it takes you to alist of phone numbers and emails that have nothing to do with repaying health surcharge.

I tried calling the Citizenship and nationality enquiries nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 2253. There is no team that is assigned for this issue. So I really dont know how to apply for a refund or contact who about the issue. There is no clear way on the website to be honest , its like going through a maze.

Thanks