ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MobeenSaeed

Re: spouse visa question

Post by MobeenSaeed » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:54 pm

cosak wrote:hello sir,

I have been given mixed advice on question 1.28 of Appendix 2 about 'is your sponsor responsible for financially supporting anyone including children listed above?'......I send money to my wife and step daughter (different amount every month) and i have got the money transfer receipts from Transferwise company.

Do I put 'yes' to this question and mention their names...if it's yes, then what amount should i put for each of them as the amount differs every month..

Secondly, 'Do you and your sponsor have any sharied responsibilities?'.....the only thing i do for my wife and step daughter is that i send them money every month...we don't have any other financial commitments together, like bills, mortage or anything... i send them money for their home expenses because she is umemployed currently...

Thirdly, 'what your sponsor's annual income from this employment?'....i am applying under Cat A as non salaried employee being in the employment for 5 year continuously...the formula i am using is (total of last 6 month gross wages amount, divided by 6 and then multiplied by 12 = to annual wages...

Will I have to put the amount I get from the above calculation for above third quesiton???.....or ... will i have to put my gross wages of last financial year???... thanks a lot and very much appreciate your help in advance...
You have to remember one thing, when it's asking questions of this nature, if you have shared responsibilities etc, this is directed at the applicant, and not you! So, answer the question from her perspective and not yours!

Well,I am assuming when it's asking for "gross wages of last financial year", this could be referring to Cat B and not Cat A. So, double check to be sure, but, fill in the box with the question "annual income from this employment"

One final thing, if your spouse has a child and that child is born in your spouse's native country and your spouse plans to bring him/her along, the financial requirement will not be £18,600 and will be higher!
So, that would be something to consider!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa questions

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:21 pm

The additional child dependent will mean a minimum annual income of £22,400. Does your spouse have sole custody and where is the child's biological father?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:26 pm

thanks CAsa,

Ya i understand we have to fulfill higher financial requirement with a child.. we also have the sole parenthood certificate...

i just would appreciate if you could shed some light on my previous post about appendix 2 questions...would appreciate really..thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:30 pm

cosak wrote:thanks CAsa,

Ya i understand we have to fulfill higher financial requirement with a child.. we also have the sole parenthood certificate...

i just would appreciate if you could shed some light on my previous post about appendix 2 questions...would appreciate really..thanks
There are others better placed to advise, which is why I haven't commented.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:56 pm

hi guys,

please advice on my previous post if you please... i am really struggling about the questions i mentioned...please please.. i am sorry if i have annoyed you but i am grateful to you all for all your assistance...thank you so much...

Mazhar_17Dec
Newly Registered

Post by Mazhar_17Dec » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:59 am

Hi Mobeen

Could you please answer my question too.
My question is, which of the below 3 is the application form which needs to be submitted with the applicant's passport in Karachi,
1- online application from only?
2- Online application along with financial requirement and sponsor from ?
or
3- online application along with sponsor form?

Jazalallah

Regards
Mazhar

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:39 am

Mazhar_17Dec wrote:Hi Mobeen

My question is, which of the below 3 is the application form which needs to be submitted with the applicant's passport in Karachi,
or

Jazalallah

Regards
Mazhar
Please don't tag your question onto the end of another member's thread. It's unfair to the OP and causes confusion. Please open your own topic and post there.
(Casa, not CR001)

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:44 am

Mazhar_17Dec wrote:Hi Mobeen

or

Jazalallah

Regards
Mazhar
I'll answer the question now, but for future reference, please create your own thread and ask there!

In your case, you would submit VAF4A with appendix 2 and the online application form (visa4uk one), but, you do not need to submit the sponsorship undertaking form SU07, I believe you are referring to.

And you submit all that I have mentioned above to the Sheffield office, only!

Hope this helps!

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 pm

thanks mobeen,

i am still confused about the 'annual gross income from this employment'... i am on variable income and have been in the employment over 5 year and i fall under cat A... well, i fall under both categories A and B, but i am going for CAT A...

next question to that is 'Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)'

whatever gross annual income i put in 3.11 will have to justify the above question... i am assuming that they asking about this year's annual income especially what i have been earning in the past 6 months...

again, i can't tell them full year's income because we are in the third quarter of the year now... i suppose i have to use the calculation formula to get the annual income figure....

please advice what you make out of it...thanks a lot...

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:38 pm

thanks Casa,

please help me with my problem.. i am really stuck on this question 3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?... as i have written my situation earlier on this page.... how do i get the figure to answer this question...i am non salaried with different wages every week...please please help me as i am just about to crack to be honest... i don't want to get it wrong obviously....

do i have just to take my previous 6 months wages then divide by 6 and multiply by 12 to get the answer to the above question or something else??>.. please any expert advice would be much appreciated... thanks

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:38 am

cosak wrote:thanks mobeen,

i am still confused about the 'annual gross income from this employment'... i am on variable income and have been in the employment over 5 year and i fall under cat A... well, i fall under both categories A and B, but i am going for CAT A...

next question to that is 'Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)'

whatever gross annual income i put in 3.11 will have to justify the above question... i am assuming that they asking about this year's annual income especially what i have been earning in the past 6 months...

again, i can't tell them full year's income because we are in the third quarter of the year now... i suppose i have to use the calculation formula to get the annual income figure....

please advice what you make out of it...thanks a lot...
For 3.11, all you do is this following:

"To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement."

So, add up all 26 weekly payslips, and the final value you get, which is hopefully above £9300, divide that by 6 and multiply by 12.

This is on page 19 of the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:39 pm

thanks so much Mobeen sir,

i can't thank you enough for your help...you are a star...

i have been told by a solicitor that i will need a sponsorship letter which they will draft and attest it from the oath commissioner... i wonder if i will have to this sort of letter...if yes, how can i write it myself??..

will i have to get it attested from a solicitor??..

will i have to send P60s original?? or just certified photocopies??..
i have a copy of my divorce certificate which is appostilled by the FCO... i wonder it will be ok just to send it like that??

i have my own house and title deed as well... will i need to write some sort of letter regarding accommodation??...please, your help is always great...thank you so much...

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

cosak wrote:thanks so much Mobeen sir,

i can't thank you enough for your help...you are a star...

i have been told by a solicitor that i will need a sponsorship letter which they will draft and attest it from the oath commissioner... i wonder if i will have to this sort of letter...if yes, how can i write it myself??..

will i have to get it attested from a solicitor??..

will i have to send P60s original?? or just certified photocopies??..
i have a copy of my divorce certificate which is appostilled by the FCO... i wonder it will be ok just to send it like that??

i have my own house and title deed as well... will i need to write some sort of letter regarding accommodation??...please, your help is always great...thank you so much...
What type of sponsorship letter are you referring to?

It's my understanding that if you have, in your case, 26 weekly payslips and get them certified (get your employer to write on employment letter), then, there's not much need for P60. But, if you want to send it, originals or certified photocopies are both acceptable!

Obtain a "land registry document"...if this is what you mean by title deed, then that's proof enough, and, of course, mention that in your cover letter you have provided this!
It's my understanding, you only write a letter giving permission to stay in a property if it does not belong to you! So, no, I don't believe you would need to do that!

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:09 pm

thakns a lot sir, again

i think it's the cover letter i will need to attach... telling them what i have included with the application...

how to write this letter??...is there any hint or starting point or a template i could use...

yes, i have house documents... i think it's the land registry document...thanks

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

cosak wrote:thakns a lot sir, again

i think it's the cover letter i will need to attach... telling them what i have included with the application...

how to write this letter??...is there any hint or starting point or a template i could use...

yes, i have house documents... i think it's the land registry document...thanks
My own cover letter was roughly 7 pages, I'll give a rough overview what I included:

first page and second page, I presented in the following way:

"Date here

Address where you're sending/sent supporting documents here

Title here (I called it "Application for Spouse Visa")

Dear Sir/Madame

Reference - GWFXXXXX
Sponsor - X (name) - D.O.B - Nationality
Applicant - Y (name) - D.O.B - Nationality

Please find attached to this letter my (your name) supporting documents for my application for spouse visa, for my husband/wife, X (spouse's name)

I have attached the following documents to this application:

* list all the documents you are sending along with you and number them as well"

Then after listing all the documents, the third page up until 7th page, I talked specific points about employment, relationship documents and finally ended with how I met the criteria for a genuine and subsisting relationship. And then, finally ended with,

"Yours faithfully,

X (you name)"

Now, of course, mine was specific to me, hence, 7 pages. In your case, it could very well be only 1 page and that's fine. Hope this helps!

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:25 pm

thanks a lot mobeen sir,

i really apprecciate your kind help... i will write a cover letter keeping it simple and short covering pretty all the details...thanks...

I have this following check list for my wife and step daughter's applications...please have a look for me if you don't mind and advice if anything needs to be added or amended...

Application form VAF4A
VAF4A Appendix 2

Cover letter
British passport
Passport pages with entry / exit stamps to Ukraine, Turkey
Ukrainian Marriage certificate, certified translated into English
My Divorce certificate from previous marriage
Title Deed of my house
Letter from Halifax Bank confirming my monthly repayments of mortgage
Employment contract from Stagecoach bus company
Letter from employer / Stagecoach bus company
P60s for past two years
Payslips of last 7 months
HSBC bank statements for last 7 months
Council tax bill
Letter from Lancaster city council confirming payments of council tax
Utility bills (water, gas & electricity )
Money transfer receipts to my wife
Wedding photos + other photos of us together
Skype & VK messages, emails history

(Documents from my wife)
Ukrainian Passport + copies
Passport page copy endorsed with British visitor visa.
Passports pages with entry / exit stamps to UK, Turkey
English language test result (pass) IELTS life skills Level A1
TB test certificate
Bank statements from Ukrainian bank for last 6 months
House ownership document certified translated into English
Tax number document certified translated into English
Police certificate
Bachelor degree in economics translated into English

(Documents from my step daughter)
Current passport
Previous travel document
Travel document pages copy endorsed with British visitor visa.
Frida’s Birth certificate translated into English
Sole parent certificate translated into English

thanks a lot

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:36 pm

cosak wrote:thanks a lot mobeen sir,

i really apprecciate your kind help... i will write a cover letter keeping it simple and short covering pretty all the details...thanks...

I have this following check list for my wife and step daughter's applications...please have a look for me if you don't mind and advice if anything needs to be added or amended...

Application form VAF4A
VAF4A Appendix 2

Cover letter
British passport
Passport pages with entry / exit stamps to Ukraine, Turkey
Ukrainian Marriage certificate, certified translated into English
My Divorce certificate from previous marriage
Title Deed of my house
Letter from Halifax Bank confirming my monthly repayments of mortgage
Employment contract from Stagecoach bus company
Letter from employer / Stagecoach bus company
P60s for past two years
Payslips of last 7 months
HSBC bank statements for last 7 months
Council tax bill
Letter from Lancaster city council confirming payments of council tax
Utility bills (water, gas & electricity )
Money transfer receipts to my wife
Wedding photos + other photos of us together
Skype & VK messages, emails history

(Documents from my wife)
Ukrainian Passport + copies
Passport page copy endorsed with British visitor visa.
Passports pages with entry / exit stamps to UK, Turkey
English language test result (pass) IELTS life skills Level A1
TB test certificate
Bank statements from Ukrainian bank for last 6 months
House ownership document certified translated into English
Tax number document certified translated into English
Police certificate
Bachelor degree in economics translated into English

(Documents from my step daughter)
Current passport
Previous travel document
Travel document pages copy endorsed with British visitor visa.
Frida’s Birth certificate translated into English
Sole parent certificate translated into English

thanks a lot
From what I can observe, make sure you have the following stuff covered:

1)Your bank statements, try to get them certified (stamped by the bank) if you have not already. Makes them more authentic!

2) IELTS test, make sure it was taken at a known UKVI center! if it was, then, perfect!

3) Pertaining to relationship documents, specifically, how you kept in contact, make sure there are screenshots included and not just text, alone!

4)Get a certified copy of your passport if you have not already!

Other than that, it all seems fine to me, from what I can observe!

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:43 pm

thanks a lot,

I will get the original bank statement certified the local bank brank..no problem..
i have a copy of my passport certified and also another copy which is notarised and appostilled as well..i will attach both...they were done a few months ago though...

i will do the screenshots too...it's going to be the toughest job to print all that stuff, hudred of pages... i have only 1 year chat history on skpye, the rest of old one is deleted itself on the skpye...only 1 year history is availble..hope it will be ok...i have got email and VK message going back longer period...

one more thing...will it be ok if i fill up the appendix 2 in PDF by typing in instead of handwriting??...

thanks a lot again...

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:53 pm

cosak wrote:thanks a lot,

I will get the original bank statement certified the local bank brank..no problem..
i have a copy of my passport certified and also another copy which is notarised and appostilled as well..i will attach both...they were done a few months ago though...

i will do the screenshots too...it's going to be the toughest job to print all that stuff, hudred of pages... i have only 1 year chat history on skpye, the rest of old one is deleted itself on the skpye...only 1 year history is availble..hope it will be ok...i have got email and VK message going back longer period...

one more thing...will it be ok if i fill up the appendix 2 in PDF by typing in instead of handwriting??...

thanks a lot again...
My own chat history screenshots came close to 300 pages.It's to be expected if you have known your spouse long enough. Whether it will be ok to include only 1 year's worth of screenshots entirely depends on how you present your relationship.
I believe in appendix 2 it asks you when your relationship started, you have to remember, only include a date in which you can provide proof that your relationship started then, like chat history etc
In fact, that's the golden rule for a genuine and subsisting relationship. If you're going to state something as a fact, be prepared to provide proof!

I filled my Appendix 2, by hand, in block capitals. I preferred it that way. So, I guess, if it was me, write it by hand.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:02 pm

thanks alot again,

will try to get as much proof as i could possibly.. emails going back 4 year ago and then VK message and then it will skpye just for one year as i could only get hold of that..i can include phone bills too as i don't usually call her on the phone because it's expensive...

one more thing please....where do i get property insepection report from???....please

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:19 pm

cosak wrote:thanks alot again,

will try to get as much proof as i could possibly.. emails going back 4 year ago and then VK message and then it will skpye just for one year as i could only get hold of that..i can include phone bills too as i don't usually call her on the phone because it's expensive...

one more thing please....where do i get property insepection report from???....please
I got mine from a Chartered Surveyor. Do a quick search for your local area, you should be able to find one, easily!
Last edited by MobeenSaeed on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:23 pm

thank you so much...very mucch appreciat everything...will get everything sorted soon..many thanks for now...may God bless you with success and happiness...

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 pm

hi guys ,

i have a question about getting documents certified... the UKVI website says the people who can certify document are :
bank or building society official
councillor
minister of religion
dentist
chartered accountant
solicitor or notary
teacher or lecturer

i have contacted some of them and they refuse to certify my documents saying that they don't know me personally. Even some solicitors say that they can't do it unless they know me personally... Notary public will cost me an arm and leg just for one piece of paper....

I wonder if post office document certify service will be accepted as they don't exist on the list above.... i am still trying to get a solicitor who could do it for me but if i don't get hold of one...what shall i do??...please advice....thanks a lot

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:11 am

hi dear members,

please can someone tell me how long my wife will have to submit her documents and biometric in Ukraine after submitting spouse visa application online??... we are hoping to submit online application in the last week of December and get biometric appointment to submit the documnents on 10 or 11 January... i wonder if this will work / be ok??
please advice thanks a lot

cosak
United Kingdom

Post by cosak » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:58 pm

hi,

i am filling up IHS form and it's asking me this question... this is for my wife...

Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK?

You don't need to add this person's details if they are a UK or EEA citizen.
Immigration health surcharge

+ Add this person's details

GOV.UK

You don't have any dependants

My wife also have a daughter whereas it already says, 'you don't have any denpendents'... i filled up daughter's information on the form... confused ....please help...please...thanks