ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nhv
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by Nhv » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Application Date :29-08-2016
VFS Center: London-Hounslow
Date of acknowledgement : 30-08-2016
Original docs Received : within a day or two
Documents Printing Status : UNDER-PROCESS
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI :
Document received At London:
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON:
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED :

Application was for a toddler and as per suggestion sent an email to high commission 2 days back for status and still waiting for their reply

Nhv
Newly Registered

Post by Nhv » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:07 am

Just like Ivan, even i got a reply from HCI saying that the application is processed but it will take 2-3 weeks for the card to be printed and asked to wait for the status to be updated. This looks like a f..kin standard mail sent to whoever requests for info through email, And I find this quite frustrating. Is there a way we can find out or put some pressure and get a clear picture as to why so much delay and what the f...k are they doing about it. Any suggestions please? as there are quite a few who r going through this pain.

chaitumsk
Newly Registered

Post by chaitumsk » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:57 am

Hi NHK..

I have submitted the application on the same day as yours 29th Aug in Paddington.
Have sent emails to VFS and HCI.. no/not useful response.

We have planned for a holiday on 6th Nov.. planning to apply for tourist visa now.
I have asked for an update if there are any chances of OCI arriving before then.

Nhv
Newly Registered

Post by Nhv » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Just called HCI london and quite surprisingly i had a good experience. The lady confirmed that our application is processed and requested to wait till end of next week as that would be exactly 8 weeks and if still the status doesn't change, asked me call back and they will be able to help expedite the process. I said i had to travel in the 2nd week of November and she said she would do all that is possible, which I am not sure if that happens, but i am quite optimistic now. So do try ur luck by calling or mailing them. (02086295950, info.london@hcilondon.in)
I request the admin to delete my prev comment as i now have some hope and i shouldn't have been that rude

chaitumsk
Newly Registered

Post by chaitumsk » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Nhv wrote:Just called HCI london and quite surprisingly i had a good experience. The lady confirmed that our application is processed and requested to wait till end of next week as that would be exactly 8 weeks and if still the status doesn't change, asked me call back and they will be able to help expedite the process. I said i had to travel in the 2nd week of November and she said she would do all that is possible, which I am not sure if that happens, but i am quite optimistic now. So do try ur luck by calling or mailing them. (02086295950, info.london@hcilondon.in)
I request the admin to delete my prev comment as i now have some hope and i shouldn't have been that rude

Do you know if there is any 8 week SLA that they stick to (or atleast they try to stick to).
As you have applied on 29/08, end of this week will be 8 weeks. Next weekend means its 9 weeks since you applied.

supernova

Post by supernova » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:47 am

Application Date :15-09-2016
VFS Center: London-Goswell Road
Date of acknowledgement : 16-09-2016
Original docs Received : within a week
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED:

Waiting69
Newly Registered

Post by Waiting69 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

I am at a total loss as to what to do next & will appreciate any advice.

I have originally made a total of six applications for family members (submitted as per dates below).

Two OCI applications have been processed & are in our possession - took 69 days start to finish.

The time line for the OCI applications is as follows:

First three applications lodged on 21 July (acknowledged 22 July) , for (my sister & my two nieces). Only 2 have been processed & are in our possession now, receipt date 15th October.

I still waiting for the status on my older nieces’ application to change (lodged on 21 July & acknowledged 22 July) states “Under Process Mission London”.

Am totally bewildered as the above three applications were all lodged at the same time, two have been processed & issued & the third one hasn’t? (At point of typing this email it has been around 96 days since acknowledgement)

On 30 August (acknowledged 31 August), I lodged a further three applications (my wife & my two children). To-date the process reads “Under Process Mission London”. No movement on the status. (At point of typing this email it has been around 55 days since acknowledgement).

In all instances, as far as I am aware, the correct qualifying paperwork has been submitted (otherwise they would not have granted my sisters’ & my younger nieces’ OCI).

Their website says “ORIDINARILY OCI’S ARE AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY WITHIN 42 DAYS…..” I’m now wondering what is going on?

All applications were at VFS Hounslow.

I have emailed them three times now – leaving a 3 days gap between each email - no response. Tried to call, I’m not kidding I have made over forty attempts & they’ve ever answered the phone.

With Diwali round the corner I dread imagine how much more time will be added to the turn-around process.

Has anybody any suggestion what else I can do?

Thanking you in anticipation & a very Happy Diwali to you all.

jaysingh2k
Newly Registered

Post by jaysingh2k » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 am

I think the OCIs are getting more delayed because, thanks to the PM Mr Modi, he announced that any PIO card holders can convert to OCI, with a deadline extended now to end of this year, New Year's week.

So it seems all PIO card holders are now rushing to get their applications in by this date, hence there isn't much time now left between now and end of the year. These PIO applicants have now added more workload onto the Indian goverment officials, that are not just dealing with any new general OCI applications, but also dealing with the PIO card holders.

On the VFS website, it does state that the "processing time can take between 6 - 8 weeks". Similar on the OCI tracking website, it does state "Note- Ordinarily, OCI Registration Certificate and Visa are available for delivery within 42 days from the date of acknowledgment."

Most people have had their applications processed within this time, like myself which my wife applied for took 7 weeks, but some haven't where I think the OCI office just can't handle the volume of the applications, and are doing more checks - depending on how the applicant applied the OCI for - based on themselves, for their husband/wife, their children, parents/grandparents etc. Each application does vary with verfication checks they have to do.

I suggest anyone who does intend to travel soon, should apply for a visa. Even if the OCI does get processed whilst you are away, VFS will keep hold of the OCI card until you go in to hand in your passport to finalise the application. If you are going to be away longterm like more than 4 weeks, it may be worth calling VFS to confirm with them how long will they will hold your OCI card for.

Nhv
Newly Registered

Post by Nhv » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Finally some hope!!!!!
Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED On 26-OCT-2016

chaitumsk
Newly Registered

Post by chaitumsk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:02 pm

VFS Center: London-Paddington

Hamidfeb
Newly Registered

Post by Hamidfeb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:53 pm

Application Date :26-08-2016
Date of acknowledgement : 29-08-2016
Documents Printing Status : UNDER PROCESS
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED

Nhv
Newly Registered

Post by Nhv » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm

This happens only in my incredible India - documents processed, dispatched and sent to London in couple of hours. I know i shouldn't be sarcastic

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI : On 26-OCT-2016
Document received At London: On 26-OCT-2016

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi Nhv,
You definitely need to take back your comments from few days ago..
Anyways happy for your matter to be resolved. :)

Nhv
Newly Registered

Post by Nhv » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:59 pm

worldpeace wrote:Hi Nhv,
You definitely need to take back your comments from few days ago..
Anyways happy for your matter to be resolved. :)
:D I agree, However if that's what works, then i would have added few more words. Anyways thank you for that. For anyone who is still waiting for the status, I would suggest to email or keep calling hci london (refer my prev comments for details) and also email to helpdesk-oci@gov.in, check www.mha.nic.in. Good luck

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:52 am

I was wondering if anyone has heard back on their OCI applications from the September batch...
We applied on the 1st Sept and still waiting.

Thanks

worldpeace

Post by worldpeace » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:20 pm

Just a quick update from my side, they seem to have started talking up Sept OCI applications now.

After calling them few times today, they promised to reply back to my last week's email by EOD as my application has crossed 8 weeks duration now.
This is the reply I just received, although it appears to be a standard message that they paste for all such email enquiries, still its reassuring.
We are good to visit India now hassle free after the remaining formalities are completed in the coming few weeks :)

Greetings from the High Commission of India, London
Dear applicants,
Your OCI file has been granted and it is expected that the OCI card will be printed in about 2 to 3 weeks. Please check the OCI status on the link https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury and when the status shows document received at London, you may follow collection procedure which is on VFS website: http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/contact_us.html

KumarSpore

Post by KumarSpore » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Application Date : 12-08-2016
VFS Center: VFS London Hounslow
Date of acknowledgement : 16-08-2016
Original docs Received : Origanals were not taken
Documents Printing Status : PROCESSED
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI : 17-Oct-16
Document received At London: 17-Oct-16
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON: 21-Oct-16
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED : 27-Oct-16

satyaca
Newly Registered

Post by satyaca » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Application Date :25-08-2016
Date of acknowledgement : 26-08-2016
Original docs Received : 31-08-2016
Documents Printing Status : Under Process

everfor

Post by everfor » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:10 am

Anybody received the outcome of Sep 1st & 2nd week application?

satyaca
Newly Registered

Post by satyaca » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:45 am

Hi Jogi,
Any progress on your OCI application? I am also waiting for an application made on 25th August. I have booked tickets for Mid December. It looks like people who submitted application by end of August have started receiving OCI.

Regards, Satya
jogi_sharma wrote:Application Date :25-07-2016
Date of acknowledgement : 26-07-2016
Original docs Received : NA(not taken by case worker)
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON

its been around 76 days, no change in Status, send an email to info.london@hcilondon.in ( its been 10 days no reply on email), called public response unit of high commission 02086295950 ( No one picksup the phone).
From the same VFS office my friend applied on 8th August and he got his OCI card, any one has any idea please or its just wait n watch? thanks

Hamidfeb
Newly Registered

Post by Hamidfeb » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:34 pm

Still no progess on following application, 9 week pass, email twice to helpdesk-oci@gov.in and call may time to High Commison in London, no answer, planning to travel India first week of Decmber, will till this week otherwise will aply for visior visa. What a waste of time and money.

Application Date :26-08-2016
Date of acknowledgement : 29-08-2016
Documents Printing Status : UNDER PROCESS
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED

If anyone have progress around above dates please update.
Thank you

velrr
Newly Registered

Post by velrr » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:59 am

velrr wrote:VFS Center: PADDINGTON
Mission: LONDON
Application Date: 05/09/2016
Date of Acknowledgement: 06/09/2016
Original docs Received: 09/09/2016
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 01 Nov 2016
Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI:
Document received At LONDON:
Passport Submitted in Person (VFS PADDINGTON):
SMS/Email received:
Passport and OCI booklet Received:
Guys - It looks they are processing the September month applications. The status has changed now to Processed. Hopefully it will come to London office in a week's time.

GB85
Newly Registered

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by GB85 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Application Date :27-10-2016
VFS Center: London-Goswell Road
Date of acknowledgement : 28-10-2016
Original docs Received :

oci_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by oci_applicant » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:08 pm

Hello everyone,

Let me explain myself briefly to start with.

I submitted an OCI application a week ago for myself. On the date of submitting the printed application, VFS people told me to email on cgioci@btconnect.com stating that all the relevant supporting documents have been uploaded blah blah..with the application number in the subject line. I did that on the same day as I was told.

Now my concerns are;
1.As far as the acknowledgement is concerned, the following txt msg is the only update I received from the VFS so far; ''Your application ref no. blah blah blah has been dispatched to Consulate General of India on 20/10/2016 for further processing. Thank you.''

and

2. Whenever I tried to get the status of the application, through the Status enquiry page, I was expecting something like Application received/Under process but it is still showing me that 'No such record found', .

I know that the processing time is a minimum of 6-8 weeks but could someone please clarify me that my case status upadtes above seems normal or not.

(Just mentioning it for a fact that I handed in my own Royal mail pre-paid envelopes as suggested in the CGI website but it prompted them to take quiet a scary declaration from me that mentioned that they are not responsible for returned originals safe receipt blah blah..we should deal with Royal mail only incase of misplacement blah blah..)

Your help is much appreciated.

best regards
oci_applicant

barong0000
Newly Registered

Post by barong0000 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:08 am

Nhv wrote:This happens only in my incredible India - documents processed, dispatched and sent to London in couple of hours. I know i shouldn't be sarcastic

Are they sending it by courier from New delhi to London , i am eager to know how the documents recieved in London Same day 26th october , same day of despatch from New delhi???