ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse settlement visa rejection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ann0202
Newly Registered

Spouse settlement visa rejection

Post by Ann0202 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:41 am

Dear members,

I am new to the forum and have joined to share my experience with others.

Hold ILR and married since 3 years. Applied for spouse settlement visa which got refused on silly things.

ECO decided to overlook the documents. And send a generic rejection letter. In the letter he mentioned sponsor passport stamp pages were not attached (which were attached and attested too as well as flight e ticket attached) This made him doubt that I was not present at my own wedding. He overlooked everything.

Attached a whole load of evidence including chats ,cards ,500 plus pictures overtime honeymoon bookings , gift receipts etc etc. But he mentioned that only pictures and calls were
attached.

I really dont have words for them.

Appeal process takes over a year. And makes me sooo angry and helpless that we are a victim of their ignorance and they have all the rights apparantely to question our narriage despite the proof attached.

Advice needed members as it has made me really very upset.

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Spouse settlement visa rejection

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:26 am

If you have the ECO's contact details, then also ask them why they had overlooked positive evidence?

Appeal and, hopefully, the refusal the decision may be be overturned at the appeal review stage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ann0202
Newly Registered

Post by Ann0202 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Thank you for the advice.

All I have is ECO's initials 'JT' on the refusal letter.

How can I contact the ECO?

I heard appeals take 6-7 months for ukvi to overturn decisions?

Do you have an idea how long it can roughly take? In the meantime I have contacted local MP awaiting reply.

Do you have ukvi details where i can escalate it. My husband has used their escalation form but we are still waiting for a response.

It's heartbreaking what they do.

Also, to add on, we sent our documents to Sheffield on 26 aug
Received by them on 27 aug 9.30 am and the docs posted back to us on the same day at 4.30 pm. Since then I had a bad feeling about the whole thing but they insisted that they have taken copies. God knows how!

Awaiting input from members

Thanks

Ann0202
Newly Registered

Post by Ann0202 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Ann0202 wrote:Thank you for the advice.

All I have is ECO's initials 'JT' on the refusal letter.

How can I contact the ECO?

I heard appeals take 6-7 months for ukvi to overturn decisions?

Do you have an idea how long it can roughly take? In the meantime I have contacted local MP awaiting reply.

Do you have ukvi details where i can escalate it. My husband has used their escalation form but we are still waiting for a response.

It's heartbreaking what they do.

Also, to add on, we sent our documents to Sheffield on 26 aug
Received by them on 27 aug 9.30 am and the docs posted back to us on the same day at 4.30 pm. Since then I had a bad feeling about the whole thing but they insisted that they have taken copies. God knows how!

Awaiting input from members

Thanks

Ann0202
Newly Registered

Post by Ann0202 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:09 am

Dear members,

If possible could u guide me regarding the appeal timings pls.

Most probably decision will b overturned as the documents were overlooked.

How long does appeal review stage take and then to stamp the pssport in Pakistan embassy?

Regards

Shifaa786
Newly Registered

Post by Shifaa786 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi was this the only reason your application was refused? As my solicitor did not send a copy of the whole passport? Also is it a requirement for the passport to be certified? Help

Ann0202
Newly Registered

Post by Ann0202 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Yea as well as not enough relationship documents.

We had sent everything but it wasoverlooked by ECO.

And yes if u r sending copies they should be attested by a solicitor. Better to be safe then sorry.

As ukvi are not paying attention to documents at all and picking on smallest of errors.

As you can see in my case, no errors still refused.

Hope this helps

Thanks