ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsbc passport account and general tips?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmppune

hsbc passport account and general tips?

Post by hsmppune » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi Forum,

I am planning to fly to the UK on the 4th of Feb. Somehow I have missed out on applying for the hsbc passport account, also I do not own any credit card. I just have one international debit card.

I will be flying with my wife, we are carrying 2000GBP in travellers cheques and 600 GBP cash.

Going by this information, how important is it for us to apply for an hsbc account now? Can I apply at my local hsbc branch? When can I expect my account to be created? Are there any faster alternatives?

Any pointers in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
hsmppune

thikpal

Post by thikpal » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Hi,

Its not mandatory to have hsbc passport account now. you can apply it as soon as you reach UK by contacting your local HSBC branch, your account will get activated in a week.

I would suggest you not to open a passport account. Once you find an accomodation here, you can use that as an address proof to open a normal savings account. With this you can avoid paying 6 pounds/month to the bank.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:55 am

You can try Halifax "easycash" account which is free if you think you need to open an account immediately