ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Samivi24
Newly Registered

EEA residence card

Post by Samivi24 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:52 am

Hi all
Really nice to go through most of topics and read interesting and does give a lot of ideas .
My question is that iam EEA family member and my five years visa will be expired in few months and iam wondering if any one can give advise .
Can I apply one month before my 5 years expired ?
Which exactally form I have to fill and send as it shows a lot of section and most looks same
How long takes to get indefinite residence
Do I need any life in UK test or any other tests

Thanks everyone

vinny

Re: EEA residence card

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:20 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Samivi24
Newly Registered

EEA residence card

Post by Samivi24 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:42 am

Hi all
Really nice to go through most of topics and read interesting and does give a lot of ideas .
My question is that iam EEA family member and my five years visa will be expired in few months and iam wondering if any one can give advise .
Can I apply one month before my 5 years expired ?
Which exactally form I have to fill and send as it shows a lot of section and most looks same
How long takes to get indefinite residence
Do I need any life in UK test or any other tests

Thanks everyone

Samivi24
Newly Registered

Post by Samivi24 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks Vinny
Only when I click on last to links doesn't shows any things related to what iam asking about
If there is any more info please .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:58 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-pr

How has your EEA sponsor (your family member) been exercising their Treaty rights in the UK during your 5 year qualifying period?

Working?

Studying or self-sufficient and holding Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:34 am

Its not a visa that you have and you are not applying for 'indefinite' leave as you are on EU route not the UK migration route.
Simply follow guidance for confirmation of PR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Samivi24
Newly Registered

Post by Samivi24 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks all of you
My wife is working and iam working too during all this 5 years no gap .regarding documents everything's should be fine .
Well is temporary residence .
My question is can I apply one month before my permit expired .or should be more then that .

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:03 am

You don't have a permit and you can't apply for a permanent residence card before you reach 5 years. It doesn't matter if your RC expires, you can simply get another one.

You should get it into your head that you are not on a visa and as a family member of an EEA national, your right to live and work in the UK is entirely dependent on your sponsor's economic activity, not any documentation (which itself is not mandatory).

Samivi24
Newly Registered

Post by Samivi24 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:13 am

thanks ohara
I lived in UK from march 2012 so iam planning to apply after march 2017 which will be over 5 years.