ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport sent to wrong address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bond.boy203

Passport sent to wrong address

Post by bond.boy203 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:34 am

Hi,
I am hoping someone can help with this. I took cermony in 3rd week of October and was hoping to receieve passport soon after however I still havent recieved the passport. I called up HMPO helpine and they told me the passport was sent on 25th October but to the wrong post code. I have no idea how and why they sent it to wrong post code. It was a new development and my post code was new when I applied for passport(via JCAP) in July. I have been receiving all other posts since then but HMPO somehow sent my passport to wrong post code. (instead of sending to YZ1 2GB they sent it to YZ1 2GA).

I called their helpline and they said they have sent an email to HMPO asking to update the address correctly. Courier company DX says they cant do anything until they recieve an amendment from HMPO. So basically I am stuck until passport office reaches out to DX for address update. This was last week and I have been following up with HMPO daily but no progress.

Is there an email address to whom I can write to in HMPO and seek help on this. I have urgent travel coming up this weekend so any suggestion in this regards would be really helpful.

JohnnyZee

Re: Passport sent to wrong address

Post by JohnnyZee » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:20 am

Ok, so as far as I understand, the passport has been dispatched by HMPO but has not been delivered to you (or anyone) by DX due to supposedly incorrect/invalid postcode? Is that right? If so, looks like your passport is sitting with DX.

I had a similar issue when my docs were being sent back to me by HMPO but I was never at home during the day. Hence I asked DX to redeliver to an alternate address but they refused. But they mentioned they could send my docs/passport to the nearest passport office (i.e. london victoria for me). I then had to collect it from the mail room/delivery office. It was a painful process as my docs could not be located in the london passport office for a couple of days. But after all, it worked.

Perhaps worth a try. All the best.