ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I report to authorities about ex wife's intentions?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunoo
United Kingdom

How do I report to authorities about ex wife's intentions?

Post by sunoo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Everyone,

I have recently successfully obtained spouse visa for my current wife and she is due to travel to join me in couple of weeks. I really appreciate the help of valuable members on this forum so many thanks.

I am a British citizen and I married someone last year in Pakistan. We only lived together for 6 weeks and she fell pregnant. However at that time I wanted to apply her visa to come to UK to join me but from the first day of our marriage I was in doubt if this marriage would actually survive. The reasons were clear as their were blunder of lies which put me in huge doubt that the girl wants to seek an entry to the UK. However as she fell pregnant and I was in a hope that because of this child the marriage will survive so I started the process of her visa. My solicitor at that time advised me to wait till the baby's delivery as the baby will be a British citizen because of me so at that you can apply for your Mrs visa once the baby is delivered. The reason behind was simple that if you apply now and by the time visa will be approved she will be 7/8 months pregnant and will not be in position to travel so you better wait. I share this news with my wife and she went and aborted the child. I was told that she miscarried it. However the lady Dr who performed the abortion was friend of my sister from medical school who informed my sister (who currently lives in Saudi) that you sister in law was here for the abortion.

Her attentions were clear and I wasn't to stupid to carry on with this relation so I traveled to Pakistan and divorced her through UC. Because it was divorce through a legal process therefore HO did accepted the divorce and they issues visa to my current life.

I recently find out that my ex wife is preparing to apply for UK student visa and her intentions this time are on my assets. I have two free hold properties in the UK and some land a house in pakistan which I inherited from my dad as I am the only son. One of her brother lives here too who had her documents sorted by marrying an EEU national for short term and he may do the same for her sister too but for now what I heard from my family members that her target is clear and intentions are clear.

Can anyone advise me if this can be reported to authorities to block her way to the UK?

What would be the best way to deal with this matter?

If I report, will that cause an issue on the validity of my current wife's visa who is due to travel in couple of weeks?

I understand once she is here she may successfully claim half of my hard earned money since UK law favors more to women than men.

I would really appreciate some advise on this.

Regards

sunoo

noajthan

Re: How do I report to authorities about ex wife's intention

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:44 am

The actions of ex-wife are now nothing to do with you and she is free to apply for any visa on her own merits.
If already divorced its unclear how she has any claim on you.
Let it go.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 am

She can make financial claims after an overseas divorce and I don't want to put myself on risk. I have no grudge on her since I never reported her action as it's been nearly two years since we married but I have to save my back as well.

What I went through emotionally after she aborted the child is beyond the words I could explain.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:49 am

sunoo wrote:She can make financial claims after an overseas divorce and I don't want to put myself on risk. I have no grudge on her since I never reported her action as it's been nearly two years since we married but I have to save my back as well.

What I went through emotionally after she aborted the child is beyond the words I could explain.
They can only stop her from coming, if there is evidence the she will not be a genuine student. You don't have that evidence. All you know is that she may wish to make a claim to your property.

That will not be sufficient for her to be refused visa.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks Obie. But I do have evidence to prove that she married me to gain entry to the UK. Her abortion reports and pregnancy medical reports. Also when I divorced her through UC it was mentioned on deed that I am divorcing her as she is seeking entry to UK so she aborted the child.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:28 pm

As much as i am strongly pro-life and despise everthing about abortion, I am not prepared to accept that the proof of her abortion will be considered as proof that she planned to get to the UK and deceive the authority.

The fact that she was carrying your child, indicates that some form of relationship would have existed between the two of you.

It may well be the case that she lost interest in you over a period, but the extent you are seeking to take the evidence will not be accepted by any reasonable Secretary of State.

I feel saddened that she aborted your child, and my advise to you is to forget about her. If she wishes to make any claim, then you can fight her all the way in the court.

In the light of her conduct, she is unlikely to get anything.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

In pakstan she won't get any penny from your property home/land unless your both families agreed some HAQ meher amount which is in compensation of divorce about which i have no knowledge at all. And here in uk your ex wife can only get share from property if you made property together after marriage in uk. If you have asset before marriage by your own then these are untouchable. If ex wife and her brother try to make any heinous plan then simply visit citizen advice bureau. But your ex wife is free to apply any type of visa at her own which you can't influence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:23 am

Many thanks Obie and Seagul. No one lose the interest just over night only after knowing the fact that she had wait till she gives the birth. However as long as I am safe I have had no issues if she apply visa or gets stay as that's none of my business.

As far as concern of my assets the agricultural land I inherited from my parents and the two free hold properties here in UK were bought well before I married her.

It is just someone told me that she is going to give me trouble here in the UK as she was my wife for a short period of time and she is entitled to make a claim on my financial assets.