ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Visa Success

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tester

Spouse Settlement Visa Success

Post by tester » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:48 pm

My wife got her spouse settlement visa at the high commision in Islamabad (in Janauary 2008), It took us only four days from the date of submission to get the visa.

This site was a great help in gathering all the supporting documents we had to submitt, I chose to provide the following documents to support the visa application:

1.Two months of personal bank statement : showing transactons to the tune of almost 5 grand a month
2. Company registeration certificate
3. Bussiness Account Bank Statements
4. Current Service agreements for my bussiness (I am a Professional Engineering Consultant)
5. Three months of personal salary slips.

6.Certificate of non overcrowding from the local city council.
7. Mortagage Documents for my house
8. Utlity Bills
9. Marriage Ceriticate (Certified English Copy)
10. Certicified Copies of My British Passport (Any old Solicitor would do)
11. Photos of our wedding and Phone records to show regular contact.
11 Visa appliation forms filled honestly without concealing any information.

I didn't hire a solictor to prepare my documents the only time I visited one when I needed to get photocopies of my passport attested. And the total cost to me apart from the visa fee wasn't more £40, this included postage to Pakistan through a relable couier. I hope this information was useful to others.

A big Thanks to all the people who have posted here before.

Good Luck to all who use this info

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Congratulations! Have a long and happy life together in the UK. Great feeling, isn't it ... getting the visa!
John

brojoe
Newly Registered

Post by brojoe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:09 pm

what is a Certificate of non overcrowding from the local city council? and how is it aquired

magata

Post by magata » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Congratulations :D

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Congratulations and best of luck to you both!

m000n

Post by m000n » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:55 pm

brojoe wrote:what is a Certificate of non overcrowding from the local city council? and how is it aquired
Some body call it Council survey letter.you just nead to call local council and get appoinment and tel them you nead this certificate for immigration prpuse or just tel him/her u r sending sponser for some bdy in other country to come in uk.then they will give you appoinment and the same day in 15 minute he will just visit urs home and he/she wil check is the property is ok or over crowded.
i got this certificate from my local council caz my hubby will submit this with other papers and its free.

i think it will help you or if i m wrong then i hope seniour memebr of this forum will corect us.
many thanks

m000n

Post by m000n » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:57 pm

tester many congratulation on urs sucess :D

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi

Congrats on your wife's Visa success...

Did it really take only FOUR days from the day of submission? Where did you submit the paperwork? Direct to Islamabad or Lahore/Karachi/Mirpur office?

Also, was your wife required to take a TB blood test?

My husband is in the process of handing in his application for a UK settlement Visa. I'm really anxious that it will take weeks maybe months before he is given a decision. I hope like yours, it's a quick decison and one that is in our favour!!

Congrats once again.. I hope the two of you have a great life ahead of you! Good luck!