ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freedom10
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by freedom10 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Ponnan
Of course it is going to be a good news, im super happy for you. keep us updated. enjoy your ILR. And pray for us. do you have to wait for 1 year before applaying for naturalisation or there is any possibility to jump the queu since the processing time has been bit long. Thanks

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi Ponnan,
May I know which email address you are receiving email from? Just to add that in my address list so, it will not go in to junk.

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Mayu2016 wrote:Hi Ponnan,
May I know which email address you are receiving email from? Just to add that in my address list so, it will not go in to junk.
Email is sent from : hocommunications@communications.homeoffice.gov.uk

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I finally have the good news. I have received both the acceptance letter and BRP card for both me and my wife. Here is my timeline

Sent application by post on : 28th May 2016
Reached Liverpool Office : 2nd June (Due to bank holiday)
Received email saying application has been received : on 8th
Received Bio metric enrolment letter on : 13th June (Dated 7th June)
Received email every month saying application under processing.
Received BRP on 29th October
Received Acceptance Letter : 1st Nov

Good luck to all of you and im sure you all will get soon.

I am going to create a blog on my whole experience on doing this PR application and will be adding the link to this blog soon so that it could help someone.

Thanks for your support guys!!

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:21 pm

freedom10 wrote:Hi Ponnan
Of course it is going to be a good news, im super happy for you. keep us updated. enjoy your ILR. And pray for us. do you have to wait for 1 year before applaying for naturalisation or there is any possibility to jump the queu since the processing time has been bit long. Thanks
Hi Freedom10

Yes it is indeed good news. I have received the acceptance letter and BRP. Please see my post above for time line.

Yes it took in total about almost 5 months, so its still within their 6 months service time period. I will have to count an year from the day the decision was made. So I will only be able to apply for naturalisation after 1st of Nov 2017.

Thanks for doing regular updates on this blog.

rufaro36
Newly Registered

Post by rufaro36 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:08 am

Hi everyone
Received my ILR today!! This forum has really helped me so here is my timeline. By the way, I involved my MP from the start because I needed the visa early for work purposes, which required ILR.
Sent application by post on: 07 June 2016
Reached Liverpool Office: 10 June 2016
Received email saying application has been received: 17 June 2016
Received Bio metric enrolment letter on: 9 September 2016 (Dated 6th September). Biometrics done on the 10th.
Received email every month on the 16th/17th/ 19th (different dates the first was a Tuesday, then Friday and Monday) saying application under processing.
Received BRP for me and my son on 03/11/16 dated 1/11/16
Acceptance Letter: not yet received

And many people prayed for me to get it so I thank the almighty God for this.Good luck everyone!
Rufaro

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Re: l (Protection) Route applications

Post by Mayu2016 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:29 am

Ponnan wrote:
Mayu2016 wrote:Hi Ponnan,
Email is sent from : hocommunications@communications.homeoffice.gov.uk
Thanks you Ponnan.... And congratulation. Happy for you.

Hilman
Newly Registered

Post by Hilman » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Dear Friends,
How are you all.
I'm very new this forum and I found you all when I searched through the net after I got depressed because of the processing time. Most of my information about the SET P application is taking more than 8 months. I found this very helpful forum and this is my time frame;
Application Sent: 4th August 2016 ( Set (P) Route)
Application Received by UKBA: 5th August 2016
Biometric Letter Received: 10th August 2016 ( dated 9th August 2016)
Enrolled Biometrics: 15th August 2016
Approval Letter Received: waiting
BRP Card Received: waiting
Do you know how much longer I wiki need to wait?
Thanks

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:00 pm

Hilman wrote:Dear Friends,
How are you all.
I'm very new this forum and I found you all when I searched through the net after I got depressed because of the processing time. Most of my information about the SET P application is taking more than 8 months. I found this very helpful forum and this is my time frame;
Application Sent: 4th August 2016 ( Set (P) Route)
Application Received by UKBA: 5th August 2016
Biometric Letter Received: 10th August 2016 ( dated 9th August 2016)
Enrolled Biometrics: 15th August 2016
Approval Letter Received: waiting
BRP Card Received: waiting
Do you know how much longer I wiki need to wait?
Thanks
Hi Hilman,

For my application it took about 5 months but some of my friends had their application about 7-8 months.

In my view, if you do not have any negative records and if your asylum case was strong, you should get the decision within 6 months. So in your case you should get a response before about 5th of February 2017.

Are you receiving emails regularly from Home Office saying the application is still being processed? In my case, i was receiving email regularly and then last month i did not receive the email. My guess was something has happened to my application either its status changed or they have made decision. My guess was right and i got the response. So keep watching your monthly emails.

If you still do not receive any response after 5 months, you could first write a letter and send it by post to
Liverpool address. In the letter you could say that Its been 5 months and I haven't received any response to my application and Could you please check my application status and let me know at your earliest convenience.

You will have to include these details ing your letter
• the applicant’s full name (as it appears on the application form)
• date of birth
• nationality
• the recorded signed for or special delivery number (if you used such postage)
• the date on which the application was posted, and
• your Home Office reference if you have one.

If you do not receive any response for your letter, then the next step would be to involve your local MP. You can do this online on this site https://www.writetothem.com/. Enter your postcode and select your MP and write to them. They might even arrange a meeting before they contact Home Office.

As I said, you may not need any of these, most likely you would receive the response before the February. I have mentioned these steps above just in case.

Good luck to all of you guys.

Hilman
Newly Registered

Post by Hilman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi Ponnan
Thanks for the information and guides.
I do not have any negative records so far and my asylum case was allowed in court and granted both refugee and human right status.
I am not receiving any emails from HO as I sent my application through a welfare association approved by HO and OISE as a immigration advisers.
Let wait till February 2017 and will take further afterwards.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:59 pm

Im very happy on hearing all these good news here, im delighted.
i wish we will all hear many good news in the weeks coming. Good luck to everyone waiting.
@ponnan and rufaro36 many congratulations. i myselft sent my application on the 19th july and application sent back on 10th of august for not been signed. i signed and sent next day. enrolled my biometric around 30th august and now waiting. Keep updating pls good people.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 pm

HI
It has been quiete here. has anyone got good news? hopefully we will all get a good news soon.
please keep updating.
Thanks

mcr1234
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route application-Never received email

Post by mcr1234 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi to you all hope your well...I am applying for my settlement after my 5years on humanitarian leave to remain...

No email alerts on progress ever since i put through my application on the 11/07/16-up to date 14/11/16..is this normal by HO

Am just wondering if anyone from July has received their settlement response yet as i have failed to hear from home office on progress apart from the biometric and acknowledgement letter that were sent to me initially.No email responses no nothing ,,am really worried..i lost alot of weight duee to anxiety and stress from this wait ..i need help ..am in the dark and very miserable right now...i missed my grandfathers memorial and now going to miss my sisters wedding in december as all hope is gone for this passport to arrive earlier as i cant /cdnt travel to where these functions were/are to be held without my travel docs.
Processing Breakdown
I POSTED my stuff off to start with on the 11/july/2016
Received acknowledgement letter (dated 22/july /16 ) on the 27/july/16
Received Biometric Enrollment request letter ( dated 27/07/16 )on the 30/july/16
Emails on Progress: None /Never
BRP : Not Received
Acceptance: Not Yet
Depressed : Yes Very!!

Any july 2016 applicants ps advise if you received yours back...Good luck to you all and be blessed

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi mcr1234
I have posted my applicatin in july as well. Im receiving email notifications every month to say that my application is under process. lets hope that it is nothing major not receiving notifications every month, some people have been granted in the past without receiving even an aknoledgment letter. let be positive and we will all be successful. let pray that we have a good news before the end of year.

K-King-D
Newly Registered

Post by K-King-D » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:28 am

Hi guys,
I just want to share my process with you all. My visa expires on 4th August, I applied on 20th July, received acknowledgment letter with biometric letter on 29th July dated 27th July, biometric enrolment on 1st August, I have been receiving email every end of the month around 26th,27th, I'm still waiting till now. As I can see from this page that most of applicants received there ILR after around 5 months this year so hopefully we'll all received ours by that time. All the best guys and keep updating please. Thanks

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:24 am

Hi k-king-D
Thank you for your imput, this year the processing time is tyaking longer than the previous years. let hope that we will all receive good news very soon. keep us updated. Thanks

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:32 am

mcr1234 wrote:Hi to you all hope your well...I am applying for my settlement after my 5years on humanitarian leave to remain...

No email alerts on progress ever since i put through my application on the 11/07/16-up to date 14/11/16..is this normal by HO

Am just wondering if anyone from July has received their settlement response yet as i have failed to hear from home office on progress apart from the biometric and acknowledgement letter that were sent to me initially.No email responses no nothing ,,am really worried..i lost alot of weight duee to anxiety and stress from this wait ..i need help ..am in the dark and very miserable right now...i missed my grandfathers memorial and now going to miss my sisters wedding in december as all hope is gone for this passport to arrive earlier as i cant /cdnt travel to where these functions were/are to be held without my travel docs.
Processing Breakdown
Received Biometric Enrollment request letter ( dated 27/07/16 )on the 30/july/16

Any july 2016 applicants ps advise if you received yours back...Good luck to you all and be blessed
As far as I know email notification is being sent to all ILR applicants. There couple of reasons why you may not receive email.

Emails might be in your junk/spam folder.

If application is sent via solicitors they might have given their email addresses

If your application when wrote the email address if you made any typo or if the email address was not in block letters or not clear to case worker they might have entered an invalid or wrong email in the system resulting in you receiving no email.

But you will get your visa within 6 months if no negative records and your asylum case was strong and still valid.

Doctor 2
Newly Registered

Post by Doctor 2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi guys has anyone done this, sent my application but I forgot to sign the last page (section 7), I was sent my application without my evidence to complete my signature, It has been 10working days and I still have not heard anything or received my biometrics letter yet.

I sent my original application on 11/10/2016.

Doctor 2
Newly Registered

Post by Doctor 2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Ponnan wrote:
mcr1234 wrote:Hi to you all hope your well...I am applying for my settlement after my 5years on humanitarian leave to remain...

Processing Breakdown

As far as I know email notification is being sent to all ILR applicants. There couple of reasons why you may not receive email.

Emails might be in your junk/spam folder.

If application is sent via solicitors they might have given their email addresses

If your application when wrote the email address if you made any typo or if the email address was not in block letters or not clear to case worker they might have entered an invalid or wrong email in the system resulting in you receiving no email.

But you will get your visa within 6 months if no negative records and your asylum case was strong and still valid.

Hi I called the HO and they said it's not everyone who will be getting the emails because I have not been getting them either.

dinisweet
Newly Registered

Post by dinisweet » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:23 pm

I have no idea what is going on and completely devastated about the long is taking my application.
Sent my application back in 25 May/2016
done brp and everything complete
and as of today 24/11/2016 no reply
I been getting e mails now and then every single month on 25th will see if i get tomorrow the email and even call to check as it has been 6 full months.

Thanks everyone for your updates.

Doctor 2
Newly Registered

Post by Doctor 2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:26 pm

dinisweet wrote:I have no idea what is going on and completely devastated about the long is taking my application.
Sent my application back in 25 May/2016
done brp and everything complete
and as of today 24/11/2016 no reply
I been getting e mails now and then every single month on 25th will see if i get tomorrow the email and even call to check as it has been 6 full months.

Thanks everyone for your updates.
Hi have you called the HO to ask for an update, also you can email your MP and ask them to get a progress report for you as it has been over 6 months, also contacting them by post is effective.

All the best

dinisweet
Newly Registered

Post by dinisweet » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Ponnan wrote:Hi Guys,

I finally have the good news. I have received both the acceptance letter and BRP card for both me and my wife. Here is my timeline

Sent application by post on : 28th May 2016
Reached Liverpool Office : 2nd June (Due to bank holiday)
Received email saying application has been received : on 8th
Received Bio metric enrolment letter on : 13th June (Dated 7th June)
Received email every month saying application under processing.
Received BRP on 29th October
Received Acceptance Letter : 1st Nov

Good luck to all of you and im sure you all will get soon

I am going to create a blog on my whole experience on doing this PR application and will be adding the link to this blog soon so that it could help someone.

Thanks for your support guys!!

Congratulations my friend. And not recieving the email on that months was good new actually but What was the date that you used to get the emails if you dont mind?

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:00 pm

HI Doctor2
The same thing happened to me, my application was sent back 3 weeks after sending it because i did not sign the last page. I signed and sent it the nest day, im now receiving monthly update and im hoping for a successful outcome by Allah wish. Good luck for evryone waiting.

Doctor 2
Newly Registered

Post by Doctor 2 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:12 pm

freedom10 wrote:HI Doctor2
The same thing happened to me, my application was sent back 3 weeks after sending it because i did not sign the last page. I signed and sent it the nest day, im now receiving monthly update and im hoping for a successful outcome by Allah wish. Good luck for evryone waiting.
Good luck to you, I havent received any monthly updates, however did they send you a letter for your biometrics?

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi Doctor2
Thank you very much, yes i have received the biometric two weeks after resending my application. and you? have you done your biometric? Good luck