ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application related Queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oci_applicant
Newly Registered

OCI Application related Queries

Post by oci_applicant » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello everyone,

Could someone please tell me what type of acknowledgement did you guys received after OCI application submission?

I noticed from OCI application time lines thread that everyone is receiving acknowledgement a day or two after application submission and returned original documents a week or so later.. As far as my case is concerned, I received just a txt msg from VFS stating that my application has been dispatched to VFS for further processing. I submitted my application around 10 days ago and no other improvement has been observed so far other than the afore mentioned txt msg.

The OCI status enquiry page is still retrieving the application status as 'NO SUCH RECORD FOUND'. Not sure why!

Could someone help me what to do in this scenario please. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards
oci_applicant

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: OCI Application related Queries

Post by rmukherjee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:59 am

10 days seems to be a bit high. However note that Diwali has just happened and a lot of people will be on leave. If you don't see anything after maybe 3-4 more days you should call VFS's helpline and ask them what's happening.

It's very unlikely that they will have misplaced your application though - it's much more likely that they have just not picked up your application and/or updated the status.

oci_applicant
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Application related Queries

Post by oci_applicant » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi rmukherjee,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will start chasing it maybe from Monday and I hope that the issue will be resolved soon. Thanks again for your help.