ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Priority Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taddypole31
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Priority Visa

Post by taddypole31 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi!
If anyone has done a priority visa for Tier 2 General, what was the time frame for the following:

1. How long did it take you to get approved to use the service?
2. How long did it *actually* take for you to get your visa decision and your passport back after you posted your application?

I am well aware that the UKVI states up to 10 business days. I am asking this question because I want to get a feel of what people have experienced.

Thanks!

taddypole31
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Priority Visa

Post by taddypole31 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Anyone?

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Post by aplinhar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Hello taddypole31,

I sent my request to priority 2 weeks ago and it's supposed to end today the 10 day service.

1) Sent an e-mail 8:32 am and around 4 pm (same day) got the instructions to pay and change to priority.
It was a Friday, so could be less busy than other days.

2) They charged me but forgot my documents with standard service department, so they did nothing in two weeks...Had to chase them in order to find my application and only yesterday I got the biometric letter and submit my data. My deadline should be today for a decision, so I am not sure if they are going to make it regardless my efforts.

As soon as I receive anything I let you know. :cry:

Krae
Newly Registered

Post by Krae » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Hey there

I also paid for priority post and have not heard anything. It's been 7 days since I sent my Tier 2 application. (In New Zealand). I will have to change my return flight back to London but really don't know when to change it to, at this stage. I wondered if you could provide me with the email address you contacted them on? I can't seem to find who exactly to contact, in order to follow all of this up. Any help would be appreciated. It's quite an unsettling process....

Cheers

Kris

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Post by aplinhar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am

For everyone with priority, contact them again telling you sent your documments and you never received the biometri letter.

I received just one day before my end date and it was a nightmare. I had to leave work and wait hours to do the biometric enrollment (probably a busy day...I don't have much luck).

I got the aproval next day, but I spent the 2 week waiting period worrying because we didn't received anything from them.

So, do not trust they will solve everything smoothly when you pay priority. Send them an e-mail a few days later asking if they have your documents in hands.

nalfuraht
Newly Registered

Post by nalfuraht » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:57 am

Krae wrote:Hey there

I also paid for priority post and have not heard anything. It's been 7 days since I sent my Tier 2 application. (In New Zealand). I will have to change my return flight back to London but really don't know when to change it to, at this stage. I wondered if you could provide me with the email address you contacted them on? I can't seem to find who exactly to contact, in order to follow all of this up. Any help would be appreciated. It's quite an unsettling process....

Cheers

Kris
Hi Kris
I am in the process of applying for a Tier 2 Visa in NZ with Priority Service. Can you answer some questions for me?
When did you recieve your COS and what was the COS start date?
What date did you apply in NZ and which priority service did you pay for (10 day or 5 day?)
When did you recieve your visa?
Did yo uhave an dependants with you?