ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's Name Change

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashishguk
Newly Registered

Child's Name Change

Post by ashishguk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi,

My 8 years old child has ILR and I am planning to apply for citizenship for him along with myself. At the same time, I also have a plan to make a change in his first name. Could please experts let me know if it is advisable to do so before citizenship application or no? If yes, what process do I need to follow and will it make our case complicated?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child's Name Change

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:56 pm

If you change his name, you have to change his foreign passport and his BRP first before applying for BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashishguk
Newly Registered

Re: Child's Name Change

Post by ashishguk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks Char.
I never realized this. In that case, I shall wait for his citizenship application process to complete and then get this all done afterwards.