ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea4.document.new.rules

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhamdsamy

eea4.document.new.rules

Post by mhamdsamy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:38 pm

hello i am planing to send my application after 3 month to home office
i am also planing to send my eea partner PR proof of staying here since PR
our son B passport her passport my passpor and my documents for the last 5 years and my tickets to prove i didnt leave more than 6 months ... is there anything else ?

I SAW ON INTERNET SOME NEW RULES COMING FROM 1 feb 2017 i will apply in 1 march :O
so is it true you need to pass english test > anyone know what kind of new rules is it for the new applications or for everyone here .
please dont send me links to some article because i cant understand what they talking about i hate reading laws case study and guides .

if someone in the same boat sending will apply in march 2017 PM me

noajthan

Re: eea4.document.new.rules

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Give us a clue what you are talking about by providing any official link to what you have read.

And if there is to be an English test then practising reading English may help.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:42 pm

noajthan wrote:Give us a clue what you are talking about by providing any official link to what you have read.

New Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 were laid today, coming into force mainly from 1 February 2017. The new version is mainly a consolidating exercise — the 2006 regulations has been amended and reamended over and over again — but there are also some significant changes slipped in. These changes include:
  • Major changes to the Surinder Singh route (coming into effect on 25 November 2016) which on the one hand soften the test to whether residence abroad was “genuine” but on the other hand sanctions refusal “where the purpose of the residence in the EEA State was as a means for circumventing any immigration laws applying to non-EEA nationals to which [the family member] would otherwise be subject”.
    New power to require EEA applications to be made in a prescribed manner.
    Confirmed abolition of right of appeal for extended family members.
    Introduction of potential for out of country appeals to all EEA appeals where the person is judged to have no right of residence (see reg. 32(3) read with Bilal Ahmed).
    The NA Pakistan judgment is implemented, at least in part, so that a child does not need to have been in education at the time the EEA national parent left the UK.
    A new “verification” process for the Home Office to check whether an EEA national or family member really qualifies for residence.
    A new “misuse of rights” provision which appears directly and deliberately to conflict with the Akrich Case C-109/01 and Emsland‑Stärke (Case C‑110/99) judgments.
Some of this is obviously and transparently in breach of EU law. Presumably the Home Office either does not care any more or is assuming the Commission has better things to do than enforce EU law against a Member State who is leaving anyway. If the UK does remain in the Single Market or the EEA, though, these things will matter and parts of the regulations will inevitably (in my opinion at least) be found to be unlawful.

On the appeals provisions, it is clear that the Government is creating a genune one-tier appeal tribunal – but in the Upper Tribunal, in the limited form of challenge by way of judicial review. To hit EEA nationals with the existential crisis of Brexit then £800 appeal fees then out of country appeals seems… cruel.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/new-imm ... 2016-laid/

A new “verification” process for the Home Office to check whether an EEA national or family member really qualifies for residence .O.o

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:51 pm

noajthan wrote:Give us a clue what you are talking about by providing any official link to what you have read.

The Home Office is making changes to the Immigration Rules affecting a number of categories.
The government announced today, 3 November, changes to the Immigration Rules which will affect applications made on or after 24 November unless stated otherwise.

The main changes are outlined below:
Tier 2
  • Implement the first of 2 phases of changes to Tier 2, announced by the government in March following a review by the Independent Migration Advisory Committee.
    Increasing the Tier 2 (General) salary threshold for experienced workers to £25,000, with some exemptions
    Increasing the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) salary threshold for short term staff to £30,000
    Reducing the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) graduate trainee salary threshold to £23,000 and increasing the number of places to 20 per company per year
    Closing the Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) skills transfer sub-category
These changes will come into effect for all certificates of sponsorship assigned by Tier 2 sponsors on or after 24 November 2016. The date from which intra company transfers will be liable for the health surcharge will be announced in due course.

Tier 4
A number of changes are being made, including amendments to the academic progression rule, maintenance requirements for the Doctorate Extension Scheme and evidence of overseas qualifications, UK qualifications used as evidence, and a series of minor and technical adjustments.

English language requirement
As announced in January this year, a new English language requirement at level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is being introduced for non-EEA partners and parents.

This affects those applying to extend their stay after 2.5 years in the UK on a 5-year route to settlement under Appendix FM (Family Member) of the Immigration Rules. The new requirement will apply to partners and parents whose current leave under the family Immigration Rules is due to expire on or after 1 May 2017.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:07 pm

mhamdsamy wrote:

New Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 were laid today, coming into force mainly from 1 February 2017. The new version is mainly a consolidating exercise — the 2006 regulations has been amended and reamended over and over again — but there are also some significant changes slipped in. These changes include:

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/new-imm ... 2016-laid/
A new “verification” process for the Home Office to check whether an EEA national or family member really qualifies for residence .O.o
I see no reference to any English test for those on the EU migration route. And such a requirement would not be in compliance with EU law.

Although proficiency in the predominant language of a host member state would probably not be a bad thing really.
(Imagine trying to get by in somewhere like Hungary or Germany or Slovenia with only schoolboy Hungarian/German/Slovenian).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.