ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrectly contacted as overstayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chosenaik

Incorrectly contacted as overstayer

Post by chosenaik » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Hello, my friend visited me earlier this year and left after a 1 month visit. He has been contacted by UKBA (its a genuine email) that he hasn't yet left and is an overstayer and if this correct then he will be refused entry for next 10 years. There was a link to advise UKBA if he has actually left and provide exit details. He has done so.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? My friend is very worried that a mistake on UKBA side may prevent him from re-visiting UK.

Any comments / responses / help on if my friend can contact some email address / phone number and speak to a UKBA official to advise them that a mistake has been made on their end.

Thank you very much.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Incorrectly contacted as overstayer

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:37 pm

If the email was from the UKBA it's not genuine. The UKBA was disbanded in March 3013 due to being unfit for purpose. and superseded by the UKVI
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.