ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Glasgow ILR set(LR) further check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yungbuk

Re: Glasgow ILR set(LR) further check

Post by yungbuk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:02 pm

k7501 wrote:Did you see your MP in the end or decided it's not worth it?
alexhui wrote:

Hello,

Any update on your cases yet? Also did you have student statuses through out the 10 year period?

Thanks

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:29 pm

I was a student from 2006-2013.

Updates:
My "Immigration History" from hong kong has arrived to Glasgow center today.
Hopefully they will reply me within 1 or 2 weeks.

There is a small issue happened after I received the travel record.
I don't want to share it at this point (I hope you can understand that) but I will post my full story after my application is successful.
Now I have summited all the proof/information I have got.
The only thing I can do now is wait.

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Good luck Alex. I hope you get your ILR soon.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Haha, got the exact same scenario going on here - was asked for further proof. Except that my country does not hold such data - so unsure as to what I can provide and what the consequences would be if I don't

k7501

Post by k7501 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 pm

And also only 14 days, lol, no idea what to do now.

faisal79
Newly Registered

Post by faisal79 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:30 pm

Hi K7501

My case is simillar to you following are the details

I went for Same day service at Glasgow PEO on 12th October, at the centre after 2 and half hour wait the case worker it was women called me and told me there is no problem in my immigration history and I have the right english qualifaction etc but still she can't make a decission today and it will take couple of weeks for me to get decission, it has been more then three weeks have not heard anything from them, I am currently on Tier 1 Entep 50K which will expire March 2017, been out of county 3 times no more then 40 days. All the passport submitted. I have not include many documents related to my business apart from certificate of partnership current report and a letter from accountant. She did not asked me a single question.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:32 pm

In that case your checks are most likely to do with taxes and SA.. the other thread (fixed on top about "peo further checks") has a lot of similar delays..

Also I have a feeling we might have seen the same case worker (judging by the empty promise of a "couple of weeks")

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:31 pm

k7501 wrote:Haha, got the exact same scenario going on here - was asked for further proof. Except that my country does not hold such data - so unsure as to what I can provide and what the consequences would be if I don't

Lol, seems like a trend now. I think I should be expecting a call soon asking me the same even though they have all my passports. I don't have a clue what they're checking in my case. It's difficult to prove this by any other means than a passport really.

Were you on student basis for the whole 10 yrs?

asfan123

Post by asfan123 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:54 pm

same went on 11th August 2016, and still waiting ... now don't know what they want to do further inquiries. It was PEO at liverpool.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:04 pm

yungbuk wrote: Were you on student basis for the whole 10 yrs?
No I wasn't.. Only 8/10 years as a student, then then Ent-r for another 2 on 2 different categories
yungbuk wrote: I don't have a clue what they're checking in my case.
Well I doubt it's absences tbh, since you had 0 (wow btw, seriously? :? ) It's really a mistery. Were all your T4 sponsors highly trusted or did you have any dodgy ones? If it's the latter for any - then here is the answer as to what it is they are checking. Also it depends upon how old you are. If your 10 years of study could be somehow interpreted as you wanting to do more and more solely for the purpose of gaining 10 years - they might be looking for things that make it clear that study was not your main intention (hard, but possible - mostly with weird T4 sponsors). However if your history makes sense in terms of personal development (progressive studies like A-levels, then B. degree, then M. degree, then PhD or whatever) then I have no clue :lol:

At this point I just want it to be over asap... Want to have a nice worry-free Christmas, NY, etc..

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:33 pm

k7501 wrote: Well I doubt it's absences tbh, since you had 0 (wow btw, seriously? :? ) It's really a mistery. Were all your T4 sponsors highly trusted or did you have any dodgy ones? If it's the latter for any - then here is the answer as to what it is they are checking. Also it depends upon how old you are. If your 10 years of study could be somehow interpreted as you wanting to do more and more solely for the purpose of gaining 10 years - they might be looking for things that make it clear that study was not your main intention (hard, but possible - mostly with weird T4 sponsors). However if your history makes sense in terms of personal development (progressive studies like A-levels, then B. degree, then M. degree, then PhD or whatever) then I have no clue :lol:

At this point I just want it to be over asap... Want to have a nice worry-free Christmas, NY, etc..
I had thought it was absences because I didn't have 2 of my 3 passports with me so I assumed that they would get them from their relevant department to ensure that I didn't travel and this was the cause of delay IMO.

I am still wondering how I managed 0 absences which is an odd case, Most of my sponsors were highly trusted except for one.
I did A levels and a Diploma initially and then did 4 years at a university. Then I started doing a level 7 course at a college which wasn't highly trusted but it was A-rated and it got revoked so got a 60 day letter. Then, I got admission in another college (highly trusted this time) for the same course but guess what this got revoked as well and I lost quite a lot of money on these two colleges. All my applications were in time with all qualifications completed except for the last two colleges that got revoked.

I also have a court hearing date in December as I am trying to get a refund from one of the colleges as my visa was refused due to revocation.
k7501 wrote:they might be looking for things that make it clear that study was not your main intention
Interesting point, but I just don't see how they can make sense with this as my qualifications are completed, progressive and related. Besides, the only incomplete qualification is the recent one as the college's kept on getting revoked and one of those college's was highly trusted. So it can be really difficult for them to pin this on me.

I think they might be waiting for the passing of new laws so they can find some ways to reject my application. Other than that I cant think of any legit reason.

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:38 pm

k7501 wrote:

By the way, I cant wait for this to get over as well. I think I am starting to believe that this world is made up of UK only...

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:38 am

Rang the home office today, what they are saying is once you are required to provide further information, your application becomes a postal application rather that a fast track services.
so, max you have to wait for 6 months.

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 am

alexhui wrote:Rang the home office today, what they are saying is once you are required to provide further information, your application becomes a postal application rather that a fast track services.
so, max you have to wait for 6 months.
They told me the same thing when I rang them. Hope we don't have to wait 6 months out for the decision now. What's annoying is that even after 6 months if they need more time they give you a letter saying that due to the complexity of the case they will take longer.

Did you end up seeing your MP?

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:12 pm

No, I didn't see the MP as there is nothing much he can do about it at this stage.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:27 am

alexhui wrote:Rang the home office today
Do you mean a Home Office employee/rep or do you mean UKVI's helpline that never gives any information other than what you can find yourself OR worse - something totally made up (with 0 responsibility they can say whatever they want there)

It's not exactly accurate - it doesn't become a postal application, it is dealt with by the same CW that you got at the premium appt. But nothing to say it can't go on for years (6 months is totally useless since all it takes to break this supposed max is an excuse of "beyond our scope" such as an external request)
alexhui wrote: No, I didn't see the MP as there is nothing much he can do about it at this stage.
People with power can do a lot if they have a reason to help. You have to be more pushy than that (good pushy, not bad annoying way) and keep poking them (again, in a non-irritative manner). MP could have at the very least given them a call and found out a rough estimate of what's gonna happen

yungbuk wrote:What's annoying is that even after 6 months if they need more time they give you a letter saying that due to the complexity of the case they will take longer.
Yeah, exactly, 6 months don't mean sh1t.

We have to form a movement or something. I, personally, am preparing a letter to the MP (who has been ignoring my emails) and a letter to the CW (who promised me it would be over late septermber / early october)

In regards to the request of extra proof of dates - I don't have anything to give them. At all. The embassy of my country said there is nothing for them to give me that could help. So yeah, contemplating my options here beyond the likely-to-be-useless letters

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Does anyone (moderators specifically) know what format the CW's email addresses follow? is it name.surname@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk? or is something else? last time I got an email from the Home Office was something like PlaceDevelopmentTeamN@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi everyone following this post, first of all thank you very much for all the support over the last few weeks. I have got my ILR approval letter today, going to get my permit within 10 days by post.
As promised, I am going to write the whole story about my application, you might be interested if you are over away (over 540 days) and if you have been given a further enquires letter:

time line:

6/10 : Apply for ILR SET(LR) in person at the Glasgow center. Further information is required (please read the first post)

18/10: Received a call from the Glasgow center, there is no record in the immigration system of my travel history. I have to provide the prove myself (e.g previous flight ticket etc.) tbh, who would keep those record for 10 years ? but it is our responsibility to provide the information.

20/10: I have contacted the Hong Kong immigration office, they do have my record  through the application process I am going to get my record on the 27/10.

21/10: Received a letter from Glasgow center further confirm the conversation we had on the phone on the 18/10. I need to provide them the travel history in 14 days started counting from 18/10. (i.e. 1/11)

27/10: Get my record from Hong Kong immigration

1/11: all additional docs arrived Glasgow center

10/11: received approval letter

Hope it helps

k7501

Post by k7501 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:12 pm

Sincere congratulations. Enjoy the UKVI-free life

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Great news Alex. Really glad it worked out for you and well done on persisting.