ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Income, extension and evidence (Need help!)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Spouse Visa - Income, extension and evidence (Need help!)

Post by klite12 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a British Citizen and I am engaged to a girl who lives in Pakistan, we've been engaged for almost 3 years now and intend on getting married come April 2017. If it's relevant, I live in Glasgow, Scotland.

I recently also started University, however took a gap-year to meet the financial requirement of £18,600. In order to do this I am going to be working two jobs, one full-time and one part-time. In total my yearly salary (combining both jobs) would be equal to; £22,990.

I have a few questions revolving this which I am having difficulty finding information on.

1) Come September 2017, I wish to resume my studies in University. Hopefully by then my wife would have had a spouse-visa arranged, now of course while I am at University, I can't work two jobs. Would my wife be able to work alongside me to meet the financial requirement of £18,600? Or is it solely reliant on the sponsor to meet the threshold.

2) Is the financial requirement of £18,600 required to renew a spouse visa after 33 months? If so, can both of our incomes count towards it? Or just solely mine.

3) What evidence would be considered proof of our relationship. We have photos of our engagement, videos of the engagement ceremony and whatnot. I also have recent WhatsApp messages/logs, alongside messages on an application called 'Between' including pictures and whatnot we sent each other. We do use skype aswell, however Skype after several months of not using it resets. We usually speak through WhatsApp calls however for some reason I don't have our call log, the earliest log I have is for September 2016, however the messages can go back all the way to a year and maybe more.

4) Is there any other evidence that is strongly suggested that I include? I cannot mess this up as I can't miss out on another year of University. I am incredibly anxious about this and would just want it resolved as soon as possible.

5) My payment schedules are a bit weird, I don't know if it'd cause a problem as I am due to start my new job on November 7th, but I get paid for my full-time job around the middle of each month, and my part-time job at the end of each month. One is a monthly-pay schedule and the other 4-weekly. If the monthly payments do not add up to £1550 (or more), although I still meet the £18,600 threshold, is there any other form of income proof I can provide?

I really appreciate any feedback and advice given, thanks a lot.

klite12

Re: Spouse Visa - Income, extension and evidence (Need help!

Post by klite12 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Another question I had was in regards to the accommodation. I've read the overcrowding guidelines but didn't understand it clearly.

I live in a two bedroom flat with my parents, we've been here around 15 years. We've recently got the whole flat re-done. My mum and dad will have their own room, and me and my wife will have our room. There is one bathroom in the house.

Is this sufficient enough? Would we be penalized on this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 pm

klite12 wrote:Hi guys,

I'm a British Citizen and I am engaged to a girl who lives in Pakistan, we've been engaged for almost 3 years now and intend on getting married come April 2017. If it's relevant, I live in Glasgow, Scotland.

I recently also started University, however took a gap-year to meet the financial requirement of £18,600. In order to do this I am going to be working two jobs, one full-time and one part-time. In total my yearly salary (combining both jobs) would be equal to; £22,990.

I have a few questions revolving this which I am having difficulty finding information on.

1) Come September 2017, I wish to resume my studies in University. Hopefully by then my wife would have had a spouse-visa arranged, now of course while I am at University, I can't work two jobs. Would my wife be able to work alongside me to meet the financial requirement of £18,600? Or is it solely reliant on the sponsor to meet the threshold. Yes she can work and if she meets the threshold, she can use her earnings for her extension. YOU are required to meet it solely for the initial entry clearance spouse visa.

2) Is the financial requirement of £18,600 required to renew a spouse visa after 33 months? If so, can both of our incomes count towards it? Or just solely mine. See my answer to #1 above.

3) What evidence would be considered proof of our relationship. We have photos of our engagement, videos of the engagement ceremony and whatnot. I also have recent WhatsApp messages/logs, alongside messages on an application called 'Between' including pictures and whatnot we sent each other. We do use skype aswell, however Skype after several months of not using it resets. We usually speak through WhatsApp calls however for some reason I don't have our call log, the earliest log I have is for September 2016, however the messages can go back all the way to a year and maybe more. Assuming you are applying after the wedding, you wouldn't need too much proof of communication. Also, proof of visits, air tickets, hotel bookings can also work.

4) Is there any other evidence that is strongly suggested that I include? I cannot mess this up as I can't miss out on another year of University. I am incredibly anxious about this and would just want it resolved as soon as possible. Read the guidance notes for VAF4A and see also the two links below as the process from Pakistan is slightly different to other countries.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 93554.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 06101.html

5) My payment schedules are a bit weird, I don't know if it'd cause a problem as I am due to start my new job on November 7th, but I get paid for my full-time job around the middle of each month, and my part-time job at the end of each month. One is a monthly-pay schedule and the other 4-weekly. If the monthly payments do not add up to £1550 (or more), although I still meet the £18,600 threshold, is there any other form of income proof I can provide? I am not sure, and stand to be corrected, but if you are relying on two jobs, I think you might need 12 months income proof.

I really appreciate any feedback and advice given, thanks a lot.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:35 pm

klite12 wrote:Another question I had was in regards to the accommodation. I've read the overcrowding guidelines but didn't understand it clearly.

I live in a two bedroom flat with my parents, we've been here around 15 years. We've recently got the whole flat re-done. My mum and dad will have their own room, and me and my wife will have our room. There is one bathroom in the house.

Should be fine. Is the property owned by your parents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
klite12 wrote:Another question I had was in regards to the accommodation. I've read the overcrowding guidelines but didn't understand it clearly.

Should be fine. Is the property owned by your parents?
Yes, they own the property.

Also, to touch upon your previous message. Me and my wife, both of us can work towards meeting the £18,600 requirement once she's here? Assuming she works full-time, and earns minimum wage (equating to around £14040 p/year) and I work part time, and add £5990 on top of it, would that count towards it then, yes?

And the 12 month statement?! I wasn't aware of this.

EDIT: After doing some research, the 12 months statements would only apply if I was in Category B, which is if I have been with my current employer for less than 6 months. however I am to be married around the 15th of April and my new job begins on November the 7th, which would be over the 6-month mark thus making me eligible for Category A. Am I incorrect in thinking this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:09 am

Once your wife has her initial entry clearance visa and is in the UK, she can work. For the future extension application, both incomes can be used to meet the financial requirement.

I will have to do some more reading on the income from two jobs and post back. Hopefully someone else will also respond.

Property wise, you will need a cop of the title deeds/register, proof of council tax and a letter from your parents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:11 am

CR001 wrote:Once your wife has her initial entry clearance visa and is in the UK, she can work. For the future extension application, both incomes can be used to meet the financial requirement.

I will have to do some more reading on the income from two jobs and post back. Hopefully someone else will also respond.

Property wise, you will need a cop of the title deeds/register, proof of council tax and a letter from your parents.
That all can be arranged in regards to the property. Is the size fine? It's a two bedroom flat, for two couples. My mum and dad, and my Wife and I. Each has their own bedroom. No one else.

Also, I've been with my now part-time employer from October 2015, I will join my new full-time employer on November 7, 2016. Considering this, is it CAT A or CAT B, and 6-month statements, or 12-month statements?
Last edited by klite12 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:15 am

Property should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:40 am

CR001 wrote:Property should be ok.
Great, please keep me posted on the 12-month statements or 6-month. It's really vital for me and is making me incredibly anxious. I made a post about it aswell with more information here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1418053

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Does anyone happen to know anything? I'm actually losing sleep over this I am that anxious. If I need to show 12 month statements if I work two jobs, this completely messes everything up.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:21 pm

See section 5 and specifically 5.6 in the link below. It appears 6 months should be ok. As I said, I stand to be corrected.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:35 pm

CR001 wrote:See section 5 and specifically 5.6 in the link below. It appears 6 months should be ok. As I said, I stand to be corrected.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
That's great news! Thank you very much. So with two jobs, I can apply under CAT A.

The property should be fine, 2 bedrooms, 2 couples.

Lastly, do I need to show gross pay? Or NET pay? My payslips show gross pay, then tax deductions, then national insurance, then lastly of course the net pay. The net pay is then the one present in my bank account and will show on my statement.

Do they only look at gross pay to meet the £18,600 threshold? Or is it Net pay? And is it ok that the statements show the net pay, but the payslips show gross? (As obviously my statement cannot show the gross)

Thanks for this, I really appreciate it. Took a weight off my shoulders.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:38 am

Have a look at the VAF4A Appendix 2 Form.
The section/page which relates to employment for you (Part 3A, Page 6) will need to be completed for both jobs. Provide further information/explanation in the space provided at the end of the form and in your covering letter.

Gross salary is what is counted to meet the threshold of £18,600.

Property should be fine - would recommend a Property Inspection Report/Accommodation Certificate to be provided with your application together with a letter from the owner of the property giving you both permission to live at the property.

Also, due to the time you are expecting to apply, your 2016/2017 P60 would also assist with your application.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:33 pm

walker wrote:Have a look at the VAF4A Appendix 2 Form.
The section/page which relates to employment for you (Part 3A, Page 6) will need to be completed for both jobs. Provide further information/explanation in the space provided at the end of the form and in your covering letter.

Gross salary is what is counted to meet the threshold of £18,600.

Property should be fine - would recommend a Property Inspection Report/Accommodation Certificate to be provided with your application together with a letter from the owner of the property giving you both permission to live at the property.

Also, due to the time you are expecting to apply, your 2016/2017 P60 would also assist with your application.
I'll be hiring a lawyer most likely to do all the paper-work related things, but as long as I can be eligible for Category A with two jobs, that's perfect. You've all been immensely helpful. Thank you.

I get paid on an hourly basis, I have set hours I work each week (16 for Part time, 36 for Full Time) and my salary is based on those hours, every month it's basically the same unless I do over-time, so I get paid more, or if I like miss a day or whatever of work. Is this fine?

klite12

Post by klite12 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:55 pm

Guys, sorry if this sounds silly.

But is it still fine if I work two jobs with different companies? So I am employed at for example say Asda and Capita. Would this be fine for Category A?

This really sounds stupid as I type this but, it's always best to double check.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:00 am

klite12 wrote:Guys, sorry if this sounds silly.

But is it still fine if I work two jobs with different companies? So I am employed at for example say Asda and Capita. Would this be fine for Category A?

Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Casa wrote:
klite12 wrote:Guys, sorry if this sounds silly.

Yes.
Thanks.

I am also working one full time and one part time job. I get paid on the hours I work and my pay at one of my jobs is £7.20 an hour. Say one week I was sick, and thus my gross pay was less than 1550 that month. Could I then make up the loss of income the next month in overtime? So I got hypothetically, 1450 in January, yet in February I worked overtime and earned £1650? Is this acceptable for CAT A or no?

Meaning that I can still cover the £18,600 over 6 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:04 pm

If you have variable income, HO will take the lowest monthly amount and multiply that by 12 to calculate the financial requirement. The key is to make sure you get a minimum of £1550 EVERY month.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

klite12

Post by klite12 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:09 pm

CR001 wrote:If you have variable income, HO will take the lowest monthly amount and multiply that by 12 to calculate the financial requirement. The key is to make sure you get a minimum of £1550 EVERY month.

Right, I see. I have one last question. I recall a few months ago I seen an option where if I paid £600 more or something around that to the Home Office, the application would process faster than the traditional 2-12 weeks? Is there such an option?

Also, how long does it usually take for a spouse visa from Pakistan? If I have a good lawyer and all the documentation is correct?

Sorry for all the questions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:00 am

I think it is £400 or £450 for priority service but there is no guarantee that it will be processed quicker. A lawyer also does not guarantee success, they have no sway with HO decisions.

See also this detailed explanation for Spouse visa from Pakistan (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

klite12

Post by klite12 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:33 am

CR001 wrote:I think it is £400 or £450 for priority service but there is no guarantee that it will be processed quicker. A lawyer also does not guarantee success, they have no sway with HO decisions.

See also this detailed explanation for Spouse visa from Pakistan (click)
Of course, however I imagine the lawyer could guide me on what I need, if my documents are sufficient etc. I imagine as long as all my documentation and evidence is correct that there will be no problem.

Typically, how long does it take? And how long does the priority service take? I can't find any information on it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:35 am

Free help on the forum, especially in the detailed link I provided. A 'lawyer' is only going to cost you money and they don't always get it right, we have many refusals from 'lawyer helped and submitted' migrants.

Pakistan timeline thread link below so you can have a look through.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 01301.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)