ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) advice appreciated

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krankyjones
Newly Registered

FLR(M) advice appreciated

Post by krankyjones » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:30 am

Hello,

My spouse is due to apply for a FLR(M) visa at the end of December and I have some doubts over meeting the financial requirements. Any help would be appreciated. We have two ways of meeting the financial requirements:

1. With same employer for less than 6 months – both my spouse and I have been with our current employer for less than 6 months. I am a full time student doing a yearlong industrial placement, so am on a fixed term contract which started in September. Annual gross salary of £16000. I also had employment over the summer which gave a gross income of approximately £2200.

My spouse has been working on and off for the same employer for over a year, with two temporary contracts, and since the August a more permanent contract (it expires on the day her visa finishes but the contract says “with the possibility of an extension of your contract, subject to your successful application to extend your visa”.

As of the 1st of November our combined income over the past 12 months is over £19000. My concern is that because neither of our contracts are truly permanent (spouses contract is likely to be extended, but won’t have been at the time of application) they may take issue with this.

2. Cash savings – since early June we have held cash savings of at least £63000 across three savings accounts. I received cash “gifts” of £26000 and £8000, from my parents and brother respectively, to meet the cash savings threshold.

My spouse has held additional savings of approximately £8500 in foreign currency for the required six months. Due to the difficulty of getting authenticated and translated statements for these foreign currency savings we will ignore it unless we become very desperate.

My concern with using this route is that they may ask if the “gifts” are truly gifts; the reality is that they will be repaid after next year. Furthermore, one of my current accounts went into the negative in the previous six months, which may have brought the total savings below the threshold for a short while.

It’s all quite complex! My preference would be for the first route. Any thoughts?