ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa financial Category after employer was acquired

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ObadahF
Newly Registered

Spouse visa financial Category after employer was acquired

Post by ObadahF » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for a spouse visa for my Egyptian wife. The Financial Requirement for her is the standard £18,600. I have been employed at my current employer since April 2015 on a salary of £28,500. Before I joined my employer (Company A) they were acquired by another company (B). The contract that I signed before starting work was for company A and did not contain any details about the acquisition.

I have recently signed a new contract for Company B and will officially be employed by them from the 1st of April 2016. I also expect my pay level to rise from the 1st of April, but it has been kept the same in the newcontract.

I intend to apply on around the 15th, just waiting for the NARIC english certificate to come through

I am wondering whether I am supposed to apply as category A and include a letter from the HR department explaining the acquisition and that this is a continuation of my employment but just under a different name. Or do I need to apply as category B?

For Category A I would need to show bank statements and payslips for 6 months as well as a letter stating my position, salary level and my continued employment + employment contract. Should I include both contracts if applying under category A or just the new one and have a letter stating that it is the new contract.

However for Category B I will have been working at Company B for Under a month and so may not have any payslips yet. Do I need to include 12 months of Pay Slips and Bank statements as well as a letter from company A + letter from company B and a copy of the employment contract? Should I get HR to write in the letter explaining the change?

I have seen this link http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 70528.html , however in their case there was no new contract and in my case my benefits and contract have changed.

Please let me know your recomendations.

Thanks

apolo654
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa financial Category after employer was acquir

Post by apolo654 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi ObadahF,

I have the similar situation with company which got acquired. Can you please let me know if you went to Category A or B?

Our company got acquired less than 6 months ago, but I am not sure if this is considered as to be the start of new employment for me or not. I am still unsure if I need to go with Category A or B?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:56 am

It's called tupe transfer when one project taken over/acquired by new company which is an acceptable practice but home office won't care about it because nothing guidance over this issue is available. Which means that even the current job is being transferred from previous employer still the applicant need to come under category A (6+ months with current) or category B (-6 months with current employer where 12 months bank statements & payslips needs).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

apolo654
Newly Registered

Post by apolo654 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:27 am

Thanks seagul for replying, so just to provide more information, I am the sponsor and my wife isn't currently working, so we are relying on my salaried employment for this application.

I am working for this company for more than three years now, but from march 2016 they got acquired by the current company which I am employed by, my payslips changed and I also signed a new contract saying that my employment is now transferred to the new company and I am no longer employed by my previous company.

So in this case I need clarification which category I should go with? Sorry if I am repeating myself and if you already answered this, I just need some further clarifications.

I can provide my payslips for the past 12months and bank statements confirming my earnings, also thinking about asking my employer to provide a specific letter and explaining the situation with details of my job and earning as well as length of the employment which is permanent. So this way I should go with Category B, if considering the fact that my start date with the company is still 3 years ago and this is mentioned in the letters I have for the resent transfer of employment last month, I can go with Category A, but I just don't want homeoffice to come back and say I have done something wrong and should have to use category B instead.

I am confused as in which category should be used.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:41 pm

If you are working from March 2016 with present employer and applying now then you are well above 6 months and come under category A. In this case in my opinion you shouldn't get puzzled to caseworker by giving more historic irrelevant information. In my opinion just be exact and Pacific by supplying the 6 months payslips & bank statements only. Other members correct if it's wrong.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.