ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Failed Asylum Seeker. Help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nimbus
Newly Registered

Failed Asylum Seeker. Help please

Post by nimbus » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:13 pm

Hi all!
Just joined this group in the hope of shedding some light on the quagmire which my Fiance and I seem to be embroiled within.
She is a Zimbabwean National who entered this country (UK) in 2000, claimed asylum and was duly refused Asylum by the home office.
In fear of her life should she be returned to Zim she vanished from the atttentions of of the Immigration services. Six years later and 12 months into a very loving relationship between us (I'm a UK citizen....for what it's worth these days!!) We would above all else wish to live our lives as a normal couple without the fear of her being deported.
Would appreciate any advice that this group can offer
Nim

ForeignMan
Newly Registered

Post by ForeignMan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:02 pm

she will probably need to go back to Zimb. and then apply to join you here in some capacity.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:25 pm

she was denied asylum upon arrival?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:45 pm

We are talking about Zimbabwe here! Hasn't the High Court ruled that failed asylum seekers should not be returned to there because, by definition, the conditions asylum seekers will find on that return will be .... well ... not conducive to a long life?

I don't profess to know much about these aspects but isn't there some sort of Exceptional Leave to Remain application that can be made? After all the Home Office is effectively barred from returning anyone to Zimbabwe. There must be a way forward here?
John

nimbus
Newly Registered

Post by nimbus » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:51 pm

She filed an Asylum application from Okington Detention centre. After refusal she was released to accomodation in Essex. The solicitor acting for her who should have made preperation to appeal the decision was taking money from her. When the money ran out he told her she should move away as without payment he was unable to act for her. As a consequence no appeal at that time was made.

nimbus
Newly Registered

Post by nimbus » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:56 pm

Hi John,
The HO has appealed against this decision and I believe that this shall be heard on the 26th of this month so there may be a possibility of the current ruling being overturned. Let's hope not!!

abib1
BANNED

Re: Failed Asylum Seeker. Help please

Post by abib1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:21 am

nimbus wrote:Hi John,

The HO has appealed against this decision and I believe that this shall be heard on the 26th of this month so there may be a possibility of the current ruling being overturned. Let's hope not!!
Hello Nimbus any update

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Failed Asylum Seeker. Help please

Post by ohara » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:28 am

abib1 wrote:
nimbus wrote:Hi John,

Hello Nimbus any update
Another 10 year old thread bump!!!!!!! :shock:

If you have a question, start your own thread and you will get a reply! :?