ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement visa from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbie001
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement visa from Pakistan

Post by newbie001 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Can anyone let me know what documents you submitted for proving that your marriage is subsisting?

I have been married for 3 years and have visited my wife for 5 times in 3 years so far. We decided to delay the visa application because we wanted to buy a house in UK so we decided that it would help us save money to buy the house if we don't live together as I won't be able to share flat. We have now bought the house and would like to live together in UK. I have last 6 months of telephone call records, her mobile statements showing calls from her mobile to my landline. We have Line chat but they are not in English, do they need to be translated in English or can we just take screenshots and print them? I have also been sending maintenance money to my wife which can be proved through her and my bank statements. We also have a joint saving certificate issued in Pakistan. Will this evidence be sufficient to prove that our mariage is subsisting? Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Settlement visa from Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:41 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:53 am

The evidence should cover the full period - not just the last 6 months. So call records, messaging etc. for the full period.

Photographs of time spent together, functions attended.

Details of money sent. Details of gifts sent.

Joint bank account, other joint accounts.

You need to show that your marriage is genuine and subsisting.

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Thank you for your reply, I had a look at above links and it mentions that I don't need to submit every chat that I had with my spouse, only sufficient chats to show that I have been in contact with my spouse.
When submitting email or instant messenger logs, it is important to bear in mind that intervening devotion means evidence of contact and not an exhaustive transcript of each on-line session.

So I though I should submit a couple of chats for every month that I have been away from my wife rather than submitting 100s if not thoushands of prints, is this OK?

My only worry is the subsisting marriage clause as it's been almost three years that we were married, I intend to submit following documents, please let me know if anything is missing:
Last 6 months of my spouse mobile bills, highlighing the calls to my landline.
My landline bill to confirm my landline number
Viber call log history for last one year
Viber chat history (a couple of chat conversations for every month that we have been apart), I reckon about 60-70 chat conversations covering start of marriage period
20-30 wedding and other photo graphs
my plan tickets when I visited her (5 visits so far)
my passport photo copies showing entry and exit stamps for my visits
Wedding cards
My spouse sister wedding card, showing my and mrs name as RSVP
Last 12 months of my spouse bank statement, highligting the money that I transfered
Last 12 months of my bank statement, highligting the money that I transfered
Money transfer slips for last 12 months

Finally, a note stating that we decided that my wife would stay overseas so that we can save money for a deposit to our house. I have now bought the house so we can start a new chapter of our life together in UK.

Is all of the above a reasonable evidence for proofing subsisting marriage clause?

One final question with regards to the form:

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

what should be the answer to above question, shoud it be 3 years or a note to say that we intend to live together in the UK indefintely?

Thank you

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 pm

walker wrote:The evidence should cover the full period - not just the last 6 months. So call records, messaging etc. for the full period.

Photographs of time spent together, functions attended.

Details of money sent. Details of gifts sent.

Joint bank account, other joint accounts.

You need to show that your marriage is genuine and subsisting.
Thanks for your reply, please se my response above.

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:09 pm

newbie001 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, I had a look at above links and it mentions that I don't need to submit every chat that I had with my spouse, only sufficient chats to show that I have been in contact with my spouse.
When submitting email or instant messenger logs, it is important to bear in mind that intervening devotion means evidence of contact and not an exhaustive transcript of each on-line session.

So I though I should submit a couple of chats for every month that I have been away from my wife rather than submitting 100s if not thoushands of prints, is this OK?

My only worry is the subsisting marriage clause as it's been almost three years that we were married, I intend to submit following documents, please let me know if anything is missing:
Last 6 months of my spouse mobile bills, highlighing the calls to my landline.
My landline bill to confirm my landline number
Viber call log history for last one year
Viber chat history (a couple of chat conversations for every month that we have been apart), I reckon about 60-70 chat conversations covering start of marriage period
20-30 wedding and other photo graphs
my plan tickets when I visited her (5 visits so far)
my passport photo copies showing entry and exit stamps for my visits
Wedding cards
My spouse sister wedding card, showing my and mrs name as RSVP
Last 12 months of my spouse bank statement, highligting the money that I transfered
Last 12 months of my bank statement, highligting the money that I transfered
Money transfer slips for last 12 months

Finally, a note stating that we decided that my wife would stay overseas so that we can save money for a deposit to our house. I have now bought the house so we can start a new chapter of our life together in UK.

Is all of the above a reasonable evidence for proofing subsisting marriage clause?

what should be the answer to above question, shoud it be 3 years or a note to say that we intend to live together in the UK indefintely?

Thank you
One more item is Pakistani National saving certificate (joint name on certificate)

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:10 pm

I have found the anwer to following question:
I am going to answer 'Permanently'.

Can someone please provide answers/confirmations to my other queries mentioned above?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:19 pm

You can write 'indefinitely' too, which is what I wrote.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:48 pm

CR001 wrote:You can write 'indefinitely' too, which is what I wrote.
Thank you CR001, when you have a time, can you please see my queries with regards to satisfying subsisting clause, I have provided a list of the documents above. Much appreciated as I'll be applying by the end of the week.

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Can someone please help me with 'subsisting' query? Thanks in advance I am submitting following:

We got married in Nov 2013 and we decided that we would not apply for my wife’s visa immediately in order to save money for a deposit for new home. It was a very tough choice but we had taken it because we believed that it would be better for us in a long run as we would own a house. It took slightly longer than what we anticipated but I was able to save enough money for a deposit and I bought the house at the end of the May 2016. I couldn’t apply for my wife’s visa straightaway as it took longer to receive the title of deeds. I also took this time to apply for my citizenship which I received recently.

We shall be living in a detached house, it is a new built. It has 5 separate rooms includnig one living room, master bedroom ensuite, a family room, a family bathroom, a bathroom downstairs, a Spam, garage, back garden and front lawn. Currently, my brother and his wife along with their two children (age: 4 years, age 4.5 months) are living with me. My brother and his family are looking to move into a separate property as soon as they can find a suitable accommodation but even if they don’t move, there is an ample space for all of us. These details can also be confirmed by the attached third party housing inspection report.

Subsisting
Viber call logs
Viber chat screen shots
Line call logs
APPLICANT’S Mobile Bill showing calls to SPONSOR’S landline.
Tickets and Passport pages showing stamps of my visits (5 visits)
Photo graphs showing trips and attending weddings together
Invitation card for Nikah ceremony for my Sister in law, showing my and my wife’s name in RSVP section.
APPLICANT’S bank statement showing money transferred by the SPONSOR as credited
SPORSOR’S bank statements showing money debited via Western untion for transferring to the APPLICANT’S bank account
Western union's receipts and screenshots showing last 12 months money transfers

In light of above evidence, kindly issue visa to my wife so that we can start a new chapter in the United Kingdom.

Do I need to submit a letter from my brother mentioning that he does not have an issue with an additional person living in the house.
Is there anything else that I need to mention with regars to subsisting marriage and accommodation, please help as I am about to apply?

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Good Afternoon, can anyone help with above queries please, I am about to apply but just waiting for confirmation from experts?
One change above, instead of Viber call logs, I'll be writing following in the covering letter

Screen shots of excerpts of viber chat

newbie001
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa for Wife, Sponsor's attested Passport Query

Post by newbie001 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 pm

I will be applying for my wife's visa soon, I have a question with regards to the attested copy of my British passport. I don't have any stamps on the British passport as it was issued recently, so do I still need to submit all empty pages of the passport and then get each page attested or should I just submit attested copy of the front pages of the passport?

In order to show my visits, I'll be submitting ORIGINAL Pakistani passport as it has the entry and exit stamps.

newbie001
Newly Registered

Post by newbie001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:14 am

Good Morning, can any gurus help me with above queries please? Casa , CR001 can you guys/gals please help?

Thanks